Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I parked my car for storage last fall, I disconnected and took the battery home to maintain the charge. When I replace the battery in the car in a couple of weeks, other than pre-selected radio stations, will anything else change? I turned off REV-MATCH. Will it still be turned off? Will everything go back to default settings? In my other older BULLITTS, the radio was the only issue.

ARMY TC
L3166 2020

·
Premium Member
2,839 Posts
It may run crappy until you OBD drive cycle it. Hope you don't have any issues unlocking the doors or hood. Good luck.

·
Registered
365 Posts
my guess is the ECM will go back to the default original as delivered off the assembly line mode.
with that said any tuning you have done with a remote tuner should still be as you left it.
you will probably have to re program the key fobs.
i wouldn't be surprised if the radio is locked and you have to punch in the safety key code.
any relearned tuning the ECM had done for improved drive ability will be lost also. this won't be a big deal. just drive it and the car will re learn no problem.
i will also recommend driving like a granny going to church on sunday until you burn up the old gas in the tank. i would suggest pumping as much premium gas in the tank as you can before you drive the car.

disclaimer. i have NO experience with the newer 15 and up body style. i make my statements on working at a new car dealership for about 40 years. i will also state when i remove my heavily modified 08 supercharged bullitt from storage like you describe i have to do the things i mention.

·
Registered
2019 Mustang Bullitt
2 Posts
Yep, unfortunately I couldn't even put her in the garage this winter. So I threw a battery tender on her and waited for the spring to arrive.
Unhooked the tender and she fired right up. Everything as it was when I parked her.👍

1 - 5 of 5 Posts