Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 DHG K4272
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard that since the Mach 1 came out, the Bullitts have been discontinued. And that the DHG paint was only available on Bullitts. True or false?

·
Premium Member
5,892 Posts
Very TRUE!!:cry::cry:

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,152 Posts
I heard that since the Mach 1 came out, the Bullitts have been discontinued. And that the DHG paint was only available on Bullitts. True or false?
I remember back when, when Ford execs said that the DHG color would only be for the 2001 Bullitts. What happened about that rule?

·
Premium Member
5,892 Posts
Guess it was updated in 2008-2009 and 2019-2020 to HG. :censored:

Reactions: 68Bulit

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Be patient...wait for the rocket-powered Bullitt in ~10-yrs. :D

·
Administrator
6,416 Posts
Ford had announced a 2-year run on the cars when they first came out, so it's been expected. That said, this generation will likely exceed the highest number of the model produced among all three - over 8000 for 2019 and over 3500 for 2020. Those numbers are worldwide. They aren't confirmed from Ford but gathered on the basis of what various owners have posted on social media when sharing the chassis numbers.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ford had announced a 2-year run on the cars when they first came out, so it's been expected. That said, this generation will likely exceed the highest number of the model produced among all three - over 8000 for 2019 and over 3500 for 2020. Those numbers are worldwide. They aren't confirmed from Ford but gathered on the basis of what various owners have posted on social media when sharing the chassis numbers.

Enjoy!
Tony the last numbers register on this forum for the 19 is 8044, 20 is 3608 yes its worldwide however, what we don't know is how many did not register their Bullitt the numbers could be higher!

·
Administrator
6,416 Posts
Tony the last numbers register on this forum for the 19 is 8044, 20 is 3608 yes its worldwide however, what we don't know is how many did not register their Bullitt the numbers could be higher!
It is quite possible!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I do not expect there to be a Bullitt in 10 years. The kids growing up today have no idea of whom Steve McQueen was, or the movie and there will be no connection for them. I expect the Mach 1 will resurface about every 10 years but the next one will definitely be electric. I expect the Coyote in Mustangs will end in about 3 years, give or take a year. Then hopefully the Bullitt will become more collectible and more valuable. It will never be a collectible but it will be a desirable and sought after by those that want performance.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think Ford planned from the beginning that the 50th anniversary S550 Bullitts would be built in "limited quantities" only for the 2019 and 2020 model years, so once all the '20s are/were sold that's it, which gives us something much less common than all the compact and mid size SUVs running around:).

·
Administrator
6,416 Posts

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
No, it will be battery powered, rockets will be non PC by then
You're on the right track - saw my 1st "new" hybrid Mustang yesterday...not a fan.

Reactions: FarmerDon
1 - 16 of 16 Posts