Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
29,354 Posts
SteveNYC said:
Thanks for doing that, Big Bro!

Maybe I'll print it out and show it to some Times Square store manager types... suggest they add it to their inventory.

Hmmm... probably for sale in similar tourist shops in San Francisco, wouldn't you think? :question: :question:

:cool:

Steve
That is a Possibility

tigerhonaker

·
Registered
199 Posts
I get noticed as a Bullitt or "cool car" just enough to remind me that people are paying attention. The valets at the garage where I park when I drive in to work comment on it or call me "Lt. Frank" which is kind of weird, but fun when you get it from the people who drive cars for a living.

One day when filling up, a guy driving a nice newish 911 comes over and asks me if that's the new Bullitt--it was early in the run. He complimented me on it, which I appreciated all the more coming from a guy with a "better" car. I actually regret not returning the compliment--it kind of made me feel like a d*ck.

The last time I drove in to work, I parked at a garage on Broadway (I work in San Franciso, forgot to mention). This means a bit of a walk for me but saves me $20 and if I'm not in a hurry, I try to do it. (I also frequently pick up my car just as the strippers at the clubs are going to work, so that's nice s well!) Well some kid, maybe late teens there with his Dad is obviously impressed and basically gawking. He ends up taking out his camera and snapping a picture as I'm exiting the lot. This kind of embararrased me, so I look away as I'm waiting on traffic to clear so I can pull out. And it's funny, as I type this I realize he may have inadvertantly got Enrico's (where Bullitt meets the guy who gives him the info on Ross) in the background!

Another complement was a scruffy, possibly homeless guy walking through traffic at a red light on Van Ness. He slowed and gently (to the point where I wasn't at all concerned) touched the front of the hood as he passed. Then he turns to me and grins and gives me a thumbs up. Daughter: "why did he do that Daddy?" Wife: "he was just saying he like the car" Daughter: "oh."

I think I get noticed less since I removed the faux gas cap, and I generally keep the car less clean than it should be. I definitely get more comments when it's clean.

In short, it's fun to get noticed for the right reasons. It's not flashy, so if anyone calls you out on it, they're people who appeciate the same things we do.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have only had my Bullitt for about a week now, and I have had two people notice it. One was one of the older guards on the Army post I work on, and the other was a person younger than me (29) who drove a civic. I do agree not many people of my generation know what the significance of the car is. I knew a guy that had an '01 and bought it cause it was a pretty color on a Mustang.

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

·
Charles
13,302 Posts
I was having tires put on my 2001 Friday. The service writer came in and told me I have a nice looking car and that it looks just like a Bullitt. I laughed and said thanks. I then told him he should go look at the trunk lid. He immediately said "I guess it is a Bullitt? Nice!!!"

He had no idea that there is a 2008 Bullitt. He said I need to bring it in for tires soon. :lol:

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
chuckh said:
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: I agree about the police maganet. I haven't had a ticket in over ten years and got one a month after buying the B. Today while driving to work a sheriff car left from giving another person a ticket on the other side of the road an did a U turn and pulled in behind me. As soon as he did he flipped up his computer top and started punching in info. He tailgaited me all the way to work. Wasn't doing anything but cruzing. :dhg08: 5623:cloud9:
The only time I have had a LEO follow me was when I went around our local high school on the highway service road. I punched it with the traction control off and smoked the old Goodyears for about 500 feet. He was after me like white on rice! LOL! I went around the block and up and side street to our street and into the garage. I was out and standing outside when he drove by giving me the evil eye.:rolleyes: :wink: :lol: Ever since then, not even a look from a LEO. :cool:

L-o-w profile...:wink:

·
Registered
303 Posts
had someone comment that I had a nice V-6 today when I was parking it.

Revved the motor and told them to guess again

kinda annoyed me, but that is the nature of the game I guess.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Tuckin' her in...

I still tuck her in at night.

Brings a smile to my face every time! :smile:

·
Registered
2019 Ford Bullitt
20 Posts
Wish I could say the same.

I can count on one hand (with a couple fingers left over) the number of times people have recognized what the Bullitt is and/or complimented it. Most folks around here either do not know what it is, don't know it's a Mustang due to lack of common Mustang identifiers (faux scoops, deck spoiler, grille lights, etc.), or just don't care.

Now, my wife's '08 Mustang GT/CS is another story. Every time she goes someplace, she gets compliments and looks about her Mustang. I laughingly refer to it as the 'Bling-Mobile' due to its ostentatious appearance compared to the Bullitt.

One reason I got the Bullitt was because of its low-key, stealthy profile. 😉
I like to be obnoxious

·
Registered
300 Posts
This is supposed to be a low key, non-attention grabbing car. :rolleyes: "Understated" was the key word used in so many reviews. NOT! Saturday night went downtown with my wife to meet some friends. Parked and before we could get out, had a few people on the street stop and come over to the car looking in the windows, asking questions etc. When we left, a guy on a Honda 900RR behind us gives me the thumbs up and yells out "Nice Bullitt, man". Stopped to get gas on the way home and the guy at the pump next to me in a new Audi A6 asks about the car and says he couldn't believe "how cool" the Bullitt is and how he's never seen one. Asks about the factory engine and suspension upgrades. "Very cool" he says. Naturally, I'm more than glad to talk about it with anyone who asks. So regardless of what magazines say how low key the Bullitt is.....this car gets way more attention than any of the late model Covettes or other cars I've owned. Cool 😄
Yup the other day at a parking lot buddy says thats a bullitt. mine is a 2008 he loved it as i explained the rarity and the plain jane features. nice to hear

61 - 72 of 72 Posts