Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While you're waiting for Cleartastic to come up with Mud Flap protectors here's a little DIY tip that I did last summer and it works great.

Go down to you local auto parts store and buy a roll of BODYGUARD paint protector film. $14.99 for 12 ft.

It's black textured heavy duty plastic.

Next, cut off a 7 inch strip. Then take it and press it against one of your Mud Flaps so you create an impression by running your finger around the edges to create a template.

Then cut it out with an Xacto blade and presto, you got yourself one cool Mud Flap protector.

After cleaning the flap, remove the screw that holds the flap to the fender. Peel off the backing on the flap protector. Spray the adhesive side with a little soapy water and apply the Mud Flap protector to the inside of the flap. Squeegy the water from the applied protector and let dry for a half hour. Replace the screw by punching it through the adhesive and you're done. Repeat for the other side.

(Handy tip: save the backing paper from the first one and flop it onto the next piece to create the template for the other side. Also you can save these paper backings for making more when the old ones wear out.) (Take that Martha Stewart :lol: :lol:)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bullitt220 on 2002-01-15 21:51 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bullitt220 on 2002-01-15 21:59 ]</font>

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,209 Posts
Very nicely and clearly explained there #220!

Hubby took an old mud flap he had in the garage and made cut outs to match the Bullitt's flaps and stuck velcroe on the back of them and then suck those to the Bullitt's flaps. Voila! Instant take offs for a car show!

·
Premium Member
18,841 Posts
Great info!
Thanks for the pics and explanation!

·
Premium Member
4,594 Posts
Yeah, killer explanation, and great idea too!

Martha Stewart, eat your heart out.
Oh god, we're all in trouble if she takes an interest in cars!

·
Premium Member
18,841 Posts
I need to get some of this stuff! I can't find it in any auto parts store. What auto parts store did you purchase it from Carl?

Help!

Collin

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Collin,

I got that stuff at a local auto parts store called CAP.

I'll bet that PEP Boys might have it too.

Let me look around and find that roll. I still have plenty of it. I can cut you a set if you can't find it at a store near you.

Since my car is put away for it's annual nap I store all the car stuff too. I'll try to find it in the next few days.

PM me and let me know if you have any luck.

CG

·
Premium Member
18,841 Posts
OK Carl. Thanks man. I'll keep looking for Bodyguard here and I'll let you know if you need to hook me up. I'll pay ya too! :smile:

Collin

·
Premium Member
18,841 Posts
Carl, I can't find Bodyguard here in Cincinnati. Nobody has ever heard of the product. Please check your PMs. (Not PMS, just PMs) :lol:

Collin

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-12-01 19:57, PY wrote:
Carl, I can't find Bodyguard here in Cincinnati. Nobody has ever heard of the product. Please check your PMs. (Not PMS, just PMs) :lol:

Collin

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE> Hey man, I dont think that the movie Bodygaurd will help you to much on your training to become a police officer.
No but for real, I will head to the parts store sometime this week and see if i can find it, because I would like some my self. If I find it i'll send you what I dont use.

·
Premium Member
18,841 Posts
I've had the Bodyguard protective adhesive on the mud flaps for almost 3 years. Carl gave me some a long time ago. Thanks again, Carl. :smile: Man, it works great...and looks good too. Feels good knowing that you are protecting the factory paint. :nerd:

-Collin

·
Registered
967 Posts
Damn! this is great info! Need to find this stuff or something like it. Thanks LT.
R/T.J.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts