Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, daily driver guys with replaced clutches -

What did yours feel like when you knew it was time?

Mine seems to be grabbing lower than it used to.

I've done the "pull the pedal up" clutch adjustment - did I pull too many times?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What has a dealer install cost around the country?

Am I on beans & weenies for another 2 months?

·
Former Owner of 2001 DHG1557
840 Posts
If you not sure about the clutch slipping, you can test it by putting on your emergency brakes really tight and putting the trans in 3rd or 4th and gradually letting out the clutch (with engine running) to see if you get any slipping (engine rpm's will go up). If the emergency brakes are not so good this won't work. If clutch isn't slipping you should be able to kill the engine doing this, again provided the emergency brakes are holding tight.

Also just the general feel of the clutch and pressure plate when you push in the clutch should tell you something if it feels weird or different, or clunky, noisy, etc. Could be clutch, pressure plate, throw-out bearing or clutch cable causing the problems. Just a few ideas.

Lee

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
If your clutch is catching when the pedal is closer to the floor you "should" be ok. If the clutch catches with your pedal allll the way out then you could have a problem. have some one else who drives a stick shift take it for a ride.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
My bet is the cable is no longer properly in the clutch fork. The cable hooks into the clutch fork at a certain point. If it pops out of this hook, it will slip into a safety point so that the car is still driveable. It would have the same problem you are describing, lower engaging/disengaging point. Jack the car up, pull the inspection cover off the bellhousing, and take a look and the cable. Make sure it's in the clutch fork where it should be.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts