Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night when I saw the black bullitt on the e-bay link that appeared here I looked at it and said "that is one beautiful car." I went to my garage, looked at DHG 2729 and said, "that is one beautiful car." Later, I ran an errand and on the way home I drove through the Ford dealership lot and slowly drove by a row of new Mustang GTs and said, "For some reason I just can't get very excited about them." Pictures of the new Shelby GT - same lack of excitement. Maybe i just haven't seen the right one. Maybe the Bullitt is "the right one." No offense to those who have a new Mustang and I do admit I would take a new GT 500 if money were no problem.

·
Registered
798 Posts
I couldn't agree with you more. Of the newer stangs the ones that I think look the best are the new Roush's.

Here is probably the nicest S197 that I have seen, he is on a local mustang board here in STL

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Although the Bullitt looks good, to me the new style is just perfect. The more I see them the more I like them

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
dennisbaker said:
Last night when I saw the black bullitt on the e-bay link that appeared here I looked at it and said "that is one beautiful car." I went to my garage, looked at DHG 2729 and said, "that is one beautiful car." Later, I ran an errand and on the way home I drove through the Ford dealership lot and slowly drove by a row of new Mustang GTs and said, "For some reason I just can't get very excited about them." Pictures of the new Shelby GT - same lack of excitement. Maybe i just haven't seen the right one. Maybe the Bullitt is "the right one." No offense to those who have a new Mustang and I do admit I would take a new GT 500 if money were no problem.
Yes, feel the same way. Went to the new car show last night here in Cincinnati, and didn't really get excited about anything. I kept thinking how much I like my Bullitt!

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Love the new Mustang but after the initial excitement of seeing some early "modified or tuner" cars there seems to be a million "special editions".

They all seem the same and the "ricermods " have taken hold .

IMHO the best looking ones a are without humongous wings, splitters, 20 inchers, etc.

I like em different , but simple - Just like a Bullitt!!

BTW I thing the car is just too BIG. Would love to see it with the same dimension as a '67/'68.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I like the look of the GT 500 only so far, mostly the upgraded shelby front end is appealing.

7,020 Posts
when you got them both

you love them both ... BULLITT the HP / '05 daily driver.

Now what to do when my '08 BULLITT showes up at the dealership ... the '05 screaming yellow Mustang my have to hit the trails.

on your six ... DHG 1005

Attachments

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Is it my Imagination or has the "A" pillar moved ?

Have BULLITT will travel said:
you love them both ... BULLITT the HP / '05 daily driver.

Now what to do when my '08 BULLITT showes up at the dealership ... the '05 screaming yellow Mustang my have to hit the trails.

on your six ... DHG 1005
Since you drive them both, do you notice your field of vision seems less in the new one? I might of been having one of my "you're getting old" days, but on a recent test drive I got the impression that I wasn't seeing as much of the road as with the Bullitt. Curious as to what you think.

·
Registered
141 Posts
FCMCBULLITT said:
Love the new Mustang but after the initial excitement of seeing some early "modified or tuner" cars there seems to be a million "special editions".

They all seem the same and the "ricermods " have taken hold .

IMHO the best looking ones a are without humongous wings, splitters, 20 inchers, etc.

I like em different , but simple - Just like a Bullitt!!

BTW I thing the car is just too BIG. Would love to see it with the same dimension as a '67/'68.
I agree and this guy^ said it exactly as I would have.

·
Premium Member
2,298 Posts
I am lucky enough to get to drive both. I have TB 2180 and Jeff has a 2005 GT. They each have a completely different feel to me. My Bullitt has been supercharged with 373's and needless to say that car is freakin' fast and you can feel it. The 05 only has a JLT CAI, strut tower brace and wider tires but it's quick. Before the mods it felt like a luxury car to me. It feels much bigger than the Bullitt and the handling seemed to be lacking. It had lots of body roll. There was quite a bit of improvement after the CAI and brace but it's still not anywhere near the feeling that the Bullitt gives. That being said, I still take Jeff's car as often as I can. It's my turn for a new car in the next couple of years so now I'm torn between a new convertible or another Bullitt. Choices, choices. Here's his car with a Shelby at a car show.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Yes, I think my Bullitt is a beautiful car. I stop and stare at it at odd times and sometimes go into the garage just to look at it. Odd, since I don`t really like the body style on other Mustangs. In fact, I haven`t really liked a Mustang body since 1969. However the new Mustangs, to my eye, are simply a fine car design and especially perfect for a new Bullitt or any other throw back Mustang model from the 60s and 70s you might want to see. If Ford does the cosmetics and suspension right (road racer, sports car freak here. Don`t care about fast straight lines.), I will be hard pressed not to buy a new version of the Bullitt.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
BLACK_2425 said:
I couldn't agree with you more. Of the newer stangs the ones that I think look the best are the new Roush's.

Here is probably the nicest S197 that I have seen, he is on a local mustang board here in STL

That is one hot looking car. I would change it to DHG remove the spoiler and do the Bullitt wheels instead. Otherwise it's great!

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Jim5081 said:
Since you drive them both, do you notice your field of vision seems less in the new one? I might of been having one of my "you're getting old" days, but on a recent test drive I got the impression that I wasn't seeing as much of the road as with the Bullitt. Curious as to what you think.
The entire cab is larger, the windshield is further forward along with the A pillar. It seems to me the A pillar is larger. I was just at the dealer this afternoon, and that is the impression I got also just stepping out of the Bullitt into the 07 GT. And no, I'm keeping the Bullitt. Just looking for S & Gs...:cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts