Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Bullitt
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I picked my 20 used so had no say in options. Two things get me !. Intermittent wipers. was this an optional feature? 2. Forward collision avoidance. Was this just not available? Hoping someone that bought new could fill me in.

·
Registered
2020 BULLITT #L1999
1 Posts
Okay, I picked my 20 used so had no say in options. Two things get me !. Intermittent wipers. was this an optional feature? 2. Forward collision avoidance. Was this just not available? Hoping someone that bought new could fill me in.
My 2020 has intermittent wipers. As far as I know, it is standard equipment. Check your owners manual. The forward Collision avoidance was not available to my knowledge. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2020 Bullitt
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OOOps, my bad I meant rain sensing wipers. After doing a lot of googling, it seems that Ford really dropped the ball on this feature. Don't think I would have bought this model if I was to but it brand new. Our '06 Mazda has this feature. Sheesh!

·
Registered
4 Posts
From my 2020 Bullitt manual:

The feature uses a rain sensor that is in the area around the interior mirror. The rain sensor monitors the amount of moisture on the windshield and turns on the wipers. It adjusts the wiper speed by the amount of moisture that the sensor detects on the windshield. You can switch this feature on and off in the information display. See Information Displays.
Missing Image

No code has to be inserted here.
Use the rotary control to adjust the sensitivity of the autowipers.When you select low sensitivity, the wipers operate when the sensor detects a large amount of water on the windshield.When you select high sensitivity, the wipers operate when the sensor detects a small amount of water on the windshield.
Keep the outside of the windshield clean. The rain sensor is very sensitive and the wipers may operate if dirt, mist or insects hit the windshield.
In these conditions, you can do the following:
  • Lower the sensitivity of the autowipers to reduce the amount of smearing on the windshield.
  • Switch to normal or high-speed wipe.
  • Switch autowipers off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Also from my manual, (and the system works well to control speed when using adaptive cruise control, as well):

riving Aids - Pre-Collision Assist
PRE-COLLISION ASSIST

No code has to be inserted here.
Using the Pre-Collision Assist System
The system is active at speeds above 3 mph (5 km/h) and pedestrian detection is active at speeds up to 50 mph (80 km/h).
Missing Image

If your vehicle is rapidly approaching another stationary vehicle, a vehicle traveling in the same direction as yours, or a pedestrian within your driving path, the system provides three levels of functionality:
  1. Alert.
  1. Brake support.
  1. Active braking.
Missing Image
Missing Image

Alert: When active, a flashing visual warning and an audible warning tone sounds.
Brake support: The system helps reduce the impact speed by preparing the brakes for rapid braking. The system does not automatically apply the brakes. If you press the brake pedal, the system can apply additional braking up to maximum braking force, even if you lightly press the brake pedal.
Active braking: It activates if the system determines that a collision is about to occur. The system may help the driver reduce impact damage or completely avoid the crash.
Note: If you perceive pre-collision assist alerts as being too frequent or disturbing, you can reduce the alert sensitivity, though the manufacturer recommends using the highest sensitivity setting. Setting lower sensitivity would lead to fewer and later system warnings.
Note: The system turns off when you manually disable AdvanceTrac™, or when you select track mode.

·
Registered
2020 Bullitt
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the reply. I identified the wrong option, it's rain sensing I was wondering about and sadly, Bullitts do not have this option nor forward collision avoidance. As to the rain sensing, look at the wiper stalk. See that tiny "A" on the lower symbol? That is for rain sensing. The Bullitt just has regular intermittent wipers. The dial adjusts the timing of the pauses, not sensing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well, I guess my wiper stalk does indeed have that little "A" as the photo shows. I'm in the UK. Maybe this is another area where the RHD Bullitts are better equipped (like my driver side Recaro has electric fore and
Steering wheel Grey Automotive tire Vehicle Personal luxury car

aft and lumbar support...)

I can't speak for the anti collision assist as I've never been in that situation (so far, so good...)

·
Registered
2020 Bullitt
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, being in UK would explain the difference. At least I have those cute gauges on the dash!
.If you look at rear view mirror from the outside, you will see a squarish area on the (your) drivers side that is the camera for forward collision avoidance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts