Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone has been asking me 'who I've shut down'. So far, no one has tried!

And I've been looking.

In my Audi, my Subaru and even in my old GTI people would try to line up with me to show off. (The Audi would outrun the 5.0 Mustangs. Ha!)

Now I just get people crusing by, gazing onto my Bullitt. Maybe they're hypnotized or something.

(Street racing is illegal. YMMV)

Undercover Black #362

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JayP on 2001-07-23 10:07 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
I know the feeling JayP,

I went out on the interstate yesterday looking for something a little above the 75MPH speedlimit. Nothing going on so on the way home I noticed a red Camaro behind me about 5 car lenths. Because of traffic everynow and then he would get a little closer. I figured it was no big deal and he was just looking for someone to follow, we were doing around 90-95. My exit comes up and the Camaro goes by and it was an RS. Geez you would think he would have pulled even and at least waved. Apparently there must be some killer Bullitt reviews out there that we are not aware of, that or Bullitt in another language means plague.

Mid Life Crisis #388

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mid Life Crisis #388 on 2001-07-23 13:36 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mid Life Crisis #388 on 2004-11-15 10:39 ]</font>

·
Registered
451 Posts
Ditto here!

A blonde pulled up behind me in some flavor of Camaro today, and had a smirk that made me think we were going to have some fun at the top of the interstate onramp. But while I romped upon it (as I would have done regardless of her presence), she sedately pulled on with no attempt whatsoever. That's the closest I've come....

Joe

·
Registered
144 Posts
Man, I can't find anyone to mess around with on the street. The other Mustang guys seem to be showing respect by not even trying. A couple of SS Camaros have passed on a little fun. Even a WS6 Trans Am didn't take the bait. What is it about this car? My '66 289 coupe gets more action when I take it out. What gives? Are they really that scared?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have had my car for two months. I get a lot of people looking at the car, but no one will race. Not even a vroooommmmm vrommmmmmm out of anyone.

·
Registered
166 Posts
My wife drove #860 to work today.Some youngster in a red GT acted like he wanted to race.They were in heavy traffic so she behaved.He must not have known what he was messing with,Wife and Bullitt.

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
I still get challenges all the time in my Impala SS (daily driver), but nothing in the Bullitt.

Of course, the Impala is more of a sleeper compared to the look and exhaust note of the Bullitt. :smile:

Mike

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
You guys just gotta find your area's local cruise strips. There's a nice little run in Indiana near the area's where Lok and I live. You can usually find some action there if your wanting it. Only problem is that the cops know about it too. :sad:

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've had mine for a month now and I get challenged at least once every couple of days just driving around the Dallas/Fort Worth area. But, a majority of them are kids in Cobra's. I haven't had the guts to race anybody, though. There's way too many cops around here.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
DFW isn't the place to go looking for the fights. The punks have pretty much saturated the area with illegal races. A few people have been killed and the police have a -no- tolerance policy.

So, be careful.

btw- Keller is just up the way. We'll have to have a mid-cities meet at the Burger Box.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Had another one tonight. A guy with an Audi TT conv. came up behind me real fast, pulled up on by left rear and sat there, I could see him in the side view mirror, trying to read the "Bullitt" badge. After that, he stayed right there at my 7. We stopped at a light,he wouldn't even pull up right next to me. He hung back and didn't even try it! Oh well, maybe next time

1 - 12 of 12 Posts