Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
The last I checked they do but there are a few ways around it. Do you do your own work? If so the x or h- pipe is ony about a 30 min job. Just put the stock one back on for the test and trade it bacj out later. Its a hassle but you only have to do it once a year, Or you could bring it to Houston and I can get it done for you. You going to make it on the 20th?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Like Black, it can all be taken care of.. Most importantly, yes Texas does have emissions testing. Good news is.. you have a 2001, so your next inspection is 2003, so have fun til then! Until then, I have 100 dealerships signed up in Houston alone, so I think I can have someone take care of you when the time comes...like I have for every off road car I have had since then!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have lived in San Antonio for 4 years and have never been required to get an emissions test. All that is required in Bexar County is a vehicle inspection sticker (that are good to about 2 years) and proof of insurance. The emmisions test the others spoke about must be a Houston thing only.

Wired in San Antonio
DKG #1022

·
Registered
716 Posts
Bexar county is one of the counties that does require an emissions test. The 4 Texas areas that require it are Houston, DFW, El Paso and San Antonio. Like mentioned above, it is done during the inspection process. If you mess with the exhaust from the cats back it won't matter anyway. Or if you do you can just give it a try in 2003.

Chances are, as clean as these engines run it will pass anyway. But if not they will fail it and give you some time to change it. Then you would come back to the same inspection station and have it pass with no additional charge. I have a 1989 Jeep Wrangler with absolutely no catalytic converter on it and it passes every year in Dallas County. So it should not be a big deal.

·
Registered
147 Posts
HiresQ, let me know how she sounds. In just the last two days, I have ran into 2 bullitts with the h-pipe, off road, and they sound great, but they both had different mufflers. My fav was a Bassani X-pipe w/2 chamber flowmasters. I felt that thing vibrate! It took me back to when I had my 96 Cobra w/BBK off road H-pipe and cat back system. I'm going to do the H-pipe soon, but am curious to know what it sounds like w/stock cat-back Bullitt system. Thanks, and welcome to TX!

·
Registered
299 Posts
San Antonio DOES NOT not require an emissions inspection ....unless you consider the gas cap leak down test an an emissions inspection. There has been talk of it for several years based upon the city's poor air quality (federal mandate). Why go out of your way to generate false information?

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
According to the website, the only counties requireing emissions starting May 02 are;

Dallas
Collin
Denton
Harris
Tarrent
El Paso

Starting Jan 03 the following counties will be added to the list:

Brazoria
Ellis
Ft Bend
Galveston
Johnson