no front plates. I can see where front plates
can mess up the cars looks.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
18,830 Posts
Front plate required in Ohio.

Oh, my bad...JB already stated that.

Free post. (I should be passing 15,000 posts soon)

:nerd:

Attachments

·
Registered
121 Posts
Not only does Arizona not require it, they do not even issue a front plate unless you spring for vanity plates. My front plate is on a garage wall. I think it destroys the look. My plates are BULLIT1

·
Registered
6,679 Posts
we need front plates in BC

·
Registered
394 Posts
They are reqiured in Idaho. I don't have it on. I got pulled over for it once but didn't get a ticket. I think the car looks ugly with it on.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
WASHINGTON requires but doesn't seem to enforce it. Been running without plates on the front of cars for years never been stopped or harassed..
Currently our '06 Roush 9k miles no front plate and no issue...

Here is an option if you feel you must.........
A folding license plate holder, two different sources, seems to be the same product-

http://www.mossmustang.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=59049

http://store.cal-mustang.com/showdetl-7-12525-20-0.html

A local installed one on a new ROUSH seems to work & look OK..

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Yes, my state (Ohio, just like yours!) requires them, but I never have put one on since 1987, when I bought my 5.0 new. Never had a problem.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
Texas requires them and the ticket is pretty expensive, but most cops leave you alone. Once I got my vanity plates I decided to go ahead and put it on. I'm glad I did because I have since been given grief about the plastic cover on it.

We have not yet put it on the Lightning. I don't really think that the Bullitt looks bad with a plate because without a plate you see the indentation in the bumper where there is supposed to be one. The Lightning doesn't have that indentation and requires a mounting bracket.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I agree that it ruins the front aesthetics of a car. The worst thing however are the cheap dealers that just screw the plate on by drilling and tapping the bumper and not using a proper bracket.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Plates....

Pennsylvania doesn't require a front plate but DHG # 00159 came from Hagerstown Maryland Ford. Maryland does require a front plate and unfortunately they drilled the front bumper. I use the JJZ 109 Plate on the front bumper.
When I attend shows and cruises people always ask me if I drove from California to attend the show/cruise.........most don't know a BULLITT from a shotgun shell!
LOL~

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
Minnesota requires frt and rear plates, but i made sure that the dealer did not drill holes or put a bracket on the front of 1543. I have vanity plates and keep the front one in the car and if i spot a leo coming at me i just lay it on the dash.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
5111 said:
Texas requires them and the ticket is pretty expensive, but most cops leave you alone. Once I got my vanity plates I decided to go ahead and put it on. I'm glad I did because I have since been given grief about the plastic cover on it.
Ya funny story when I bought #2343 in the DFW area, I got pulled over by Texas's finest only an hour into our return trip. I had flown down with a new frontal bra to install over the nose to protect it for the 2,100 mile drive home. My mistake is I installed it over the existing Texas plate. No ticket just a get out my state additude and a memorable conversation about "What's a Bullitt??".. the wife still laughs about it today

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
FordFan said:
Ya funny story when I bought #2343 in the DFW area, I got pulled over by Texas's finest only an hour into our return trip. I had flown down with a new frontal bra to install over the nose to protect it for the 2,100 mile drive home. My mistake is I installed it over the existing Texas plate. No ticket just a get out my state additude and a memorable conversation about "What's a Bullitt??".. the wife still laughs about it today
I made sure to order the bra with a hole for the plate for that very reason.

·
Premium Member
18,830 Posts
I rigged an industrial strength Velcro mount on the Colgan nose cover to allow the front plate to be displayed (and not displayed) since my bumper cover is not drilled. Works well but if the vehicle is parked outside, you need to remove the front plate since it's easily stolen.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
5111 said:
I made sure to order the bra with a hole for the plate for that very reason.
The bra I used has provision to allow the plate to be exposed but I just negected to cut the flap off at that time. Since the #2343 already had a front plate installed, I now run vanity plates and smoked covers with no issues.

-------------

·
Registered
821 Posts
MISSOURI = required...but yep, I got a cool plate so I'm OK with it!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts