Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't think any of us really know all the details regarding the details of the new Bullitt, BUT put yourself in this picture: You are driving home from seeing the remake of the movie Bullitt starring Brad Pitt. You stop to get gas and you get out an open up the gas cap that has the Bullitt name on it and you are thinking, "the name Bullitt on the gas cap looks just a little cheesey." You finish fueling up, get in the car and drive home. As you pull into your garage you look at the name "Bullitt" on the center of the steering wheel and you say to yourself, "That just looks a little cheesey." Then you think about the 2001 Bullitt you sold so you could buy the 2008 Bullitt and you think about the 2001 and it's legacy to Steve McQueen. Then you think about the 2008 with the Bullitt name on the gas cap and steering wheel and then you think about the movie you just saw with Brad Pitt in a so-so remake of the Steve McQueen orginal and you say to yourself that the car and the movie just doesn't compare and I wish I had my 2001 Bullitt back. Hmmmm.... Could this be the future for some of us?????
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
13,266 Posts
It's wait and see as far as i'm concerned. Until it's out and seen in person I wouldn't pre judge the car. I can say this, every 05 + owner that has driven an 01 says without a doubt that the new Mustang is much more refined and is better than the 99-04 suspension. That's coming from a Bullitt owner.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
7,235 Posts
Well I drove a Shelby GTH for a week,and I still like the way the old Bullitt handles. Gives you a more nimble feeling like you can throw it around a road course easier. I felt better connected to the car,with the 2001 Bullitt.
 

·
Quest for single digits
Joined
·
12,030 Posts
droopysbullitt said:
It's wait and see as far as i'm concerned. Until it's out and seen in person I wouldn't pre judge the car. I can say this, every 05 + owner that has driven an 01 says without a doubt that the new Mustang is much more refined and is better than the 99-04 suspension. That's coming from a Bullitt owner.
+1 Don't knock it till you try it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,386 Posts
dennisbaker said:
I don't think any of us really know all the details regarding the details of the new Bullitt, BUT put yourself in this picture: You are driving home from seeing the remake of the movie Bullitt starring Brad Pitt. You stop to get gas and you get out an open up the gas cap that has the Bullitt name on it and you are thinking, "the name Bullitt on the gas cap looks just a little cheesey." You finish fueling up, get in the car and drive home. As you pull into your garage you look at the name "Bullitt" on the center of the steering wheel and you say to yourself, "That just looks a little cheesey." Then you think about the 2001 Bullitt you sold so you could buy the 2008 Bullitt and you think about the 2001 and it's legacy to Steve McQueen. Then you think about the 2008 with the Bullitt name on the gas cap and steering wheel and then you think about the movie you just saw with Brad Pitt in a so-so remake of the Steve McQueen orginal and you say to yourself that the car and the movie just doesn't compare and I wish I had my 2001 Bullitt back. Hmmmm.... Could this be the future for some of us?????
You could've stopped with "driving home after seeing the movie re-make with Brad Pitt" ... ROFL

If Brad Pitt is going to even think of attempting to do the Master of Cool then I really could care less about seeing the movie. If he's in it, or some FRUIT (LOL), or other actor that don't fit that role then I could really care less if the movie EVER comes out, which cars they use, etc.

And NOOOOOOOOOOOO ... I'm not selling a car that I was (and still am) happy with buying to get a small-engined car that seven years of time couldn't (or wouldn't) improve upon.

I guess that's it ... :~))
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,011 Posts
Well the 2008 Bullitt is coming out and thats cool. I really want to see it, but I will not get rid of my 2001 to buy it even if the 08 had big horsepower etc. The 2001 is special, it is the modern interpretation of the 68 fastback used in the movie BULLITT. Yes the 08 has more styling queues that match the late 60s mustangs but that does not matter the 2001 is the original idea. The 08 is a copy of the 01
modern interpretation.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,271 Posts
The original is always better than the copies that follow it.

Watch the movie "Multiplication" with Michael Keaton, and you know what I mean. :grin:
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
6,222 Posts
I don't think part of that would be the future for anyone because according to the order guide information, there is a Bullitt gas cap emblem like all S197 Mustangs have now, not an actual door.

Some people might say that about regretting a sale, others might go WOW.

The mechanical specs sound promising, given the current state of Mustang development (gears, retune with cold air intake, suspension updates, improved front brake pads, different exhaust).

Until one actually views and hears the car in person, it's hard to say what the reaction will be.

kaylan1521 and I both have had the experience of the S197 platform, as have others here. There is a clear difference in the "feel" just because of the structure upgrades.

At the end of the day, people will either experience the WOW, COOL right away or not and make their purchase decision accordingly.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
6,222 Posts
Wolfsburg said:
I wouldn't say it would be any more cheesy that the Bullitt script on the 01.
That script ain't cheesy - it's cool! :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,327 Posts
rangerdoc said:
Not for me...I'll have both!
Ditto. Just a question of time. I have a "hunch" that the new car is VERY cool. ;-)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,857 Posts
B-Man said:
Ditto. Just a question of time. I have a "hunch" that the new car is VERY cool. ;-)

i have a HUNCH your hunch is dead on.....i have tried to pass on what I know WHEN
i could......... you will not be disappointed....is it perfect? no isit what we might prefer? probably not.... is it flashy? hell no.... is it what we have known and loved in the 2001 ..........oh yeah......... hell yeah

and no dhg # 1994 is NOT going to be replaced , might have a younger sister though.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,084 Posts
SmokinBullitt said:
The original is always better than the copies that follow it.

Watch the movie "Multiplication" with Michael Keaton, and you know what I mean. :grin:
I think you and one other person actually saw that movie - although I believe it was "Multiplicity". If I remember correctly, he turned down another Batman movie to make it. :lol:

As far as the new Bullitt (car, that is) I'll be envious of people who have it at first, but I hope that wears off and then later down the road if I feel the need to have it, I'll get it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,327 Posts
You got that right. ;-)

And I also have a HUNCH that Ford has been listening to us on some of the items we have had issues about when it comes to the 2001.

And the bottom line, a lot of the people interested in an 08 will be cut of the same "cloth" as us.. McQueen fans, stealthy-cool car fans, understated versus flashy, etc..

The new kid is in town.. and will be able to show himself soon. ;-)

texasbullitt said:
i have a HUNCH your hunch is dead on.....i have tried to pass on what I know WHEN
i could......... you will not be disappointed....is it perfect? no isit what we might prefer? probably not.... is it flashy? hell no.... is it what we have known and loved in the 2001 ..........oh yeah......... hell yeah

and no dhg # 1994 is NOT going to be replaced , might have a younger sister though.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,319 Posts
One question pops into my mind, though. Will we be called "Old Bullittheads" for owning an '01?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
Tony Alonso said:
That script ain't cheesy - it's cool! :)
Oh, I don't think it's cheesy. I'm just saying the "Bullitt" script on the '08 would bother me no more than the script seen on the '01. Unless it turns out that the '08 will have "BULLITT" spelled out in giant, fuschia letters across the hood or something. ;)

I also think it's silly to suggest the '08 is a "copy" of the '01. That's like saying a '67 High Country Special is a copy of a '66 HCS. Or that a '70 Boss is a copy of a '69 Boss. A HCS is a HCS, a Boss is a Boss and a Bullitt is a Bullitt.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
13,266 Posts
Wolfsburg said:
Oh, I don't think it's cheesy. I'm just saying the "Bullitt" script on the '08 would bother me no more than the script seen on the '01. Unless it turns out that the '08 will have "BULLITT" spelled out in giant, fuschia letters across the hood or something. ;)

I also think it's silly to suggest the '08 is a "copy" of the '01. That's like saying a '67 High Country Special is a copy of a '66 HCS. Or that a '70 Boss is a copy of a '69 Boss. A HCS is a HCS, a Boss is a Boss and a Bullitt is a Bullitt.
WHO TOLD YOU!!! There is a leak at Ford!!! Man those letters were supposed to be the big surprise! :lol:

Well said from the Bullitt name.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
droopysbullitt said:
WHO TOLD YOU!!! There is a leak at Ford!!! Man those letters were supposed to be the big surprise! :lol:
Oh, I have my sources...:cool:

Err, it doesn't matter that they work for GM and Chrysler, right? Would they lie to me? Hmmm. :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
987 Posts
S197 Bullitts are going to be boats they r wider, longer and heavier.

They can not compare to the 01 Bullitt.
 
1 - 20 of 78 Posts
Top