Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
stopped to get gas and decided to get a wash.
it was a touchless so i figured it would be alright.

no, it was not alright!! when the wash was finished i started to pull out when i heard a loud crunch. at first i thought probly wasn't me, but stopped and got out to find that something in the wash chamber had pulled off part of the driver's side ground effects off!!! you know the cool part behind the front tire! ofcourse the cashier didn't have a clue. i plan to go back in the morning to talk to the manager.

has this happenned to you?! hope not, but if it has what did the replacement part cost?

i didn't notice any other damage(as if this wasn't enough).

it's not just the part but getting the part painted.

don't let this happen to you!!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
I happen to run up on a curb that I did not see and tore off the driver's rocker molding. I had put it back on only to have the thing fully break in a car wash as I drove over the wheel block. It took the Ford shop a couple of days to order it and a day to paint it. The cost total was about $90.00 :sad:

·
Registered
586 Posts
Touchless, huh? No, really I'm sorry about your plight.

I've also heard that touchless wash agents are particularly harsh. I guess they have to be to get the grime off.

I think it'll remove your wax. And the wax additive rinse agents don't hold up like a real wax job.

Hopefully, that front splash gaurd is the only issue for ya'.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts