Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

Don't Wash Your Bullitt ID Sticker

2K views 19 replies 18 participants last post by  DavidMidgley 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,

Just thought I would let you know tha I was washing my engine bay last weekend and as I wiped over my Bullitt ID sticker I noticed that the ink on the sticker smudged, as I looked closer the soap had taken a part of the ink off. You can barely read #001366 any more.

Does anyone know how hard it is to get these stickers replaced?

#5 ·
Any kind of cleaner that you use will destroy that sticker. I like the clearcoating idea but we have no idea (yet) of what the clearcoat chemicals will do to the sticker.. or even the epoxy. It really sucks. It could smudge or even destry the sticker by coating it with anything. The only "real" way to protect it, that I can think of, would be to use that 3M stuff that they use for the invisible car bra's. That you could just cut and apply over the whole shock tower.. or at least the front of it with a squarish piece.

#6 ·
I spoke with my dealer yesterday about getting my sticker replaced. Today I was told by my dealer that Ford is aware of the problem with the stickers and that Ford WILL be replacing the stickers. My dealer got this straight from Ford - I really trust my dealer I have worked with this guy forever. He was unaware of what they are replacing the stickers with. He was also unaware of how they will be replacing these sticker (due to the security of not wanting these sticker to be duplicated). If I hear anything more I will let you know.

#7 ·
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-08-03 14:37, dstanky wrote:
I spoke with my dealer yesterday about getting my sticker replaced. Today I was told by my dealer that Ford is aware of the problem with the stickers and that Ford WILL be replacing the stickers. My dealer got this straight from Ford - I really trust my dealer I have worked with this guy forever. He was unaware of what they are replacing the stickers with. He was also unaware of how they will be replacing these sticker (due to the security of not wanting these sticker to be duplicated). If I hear anything more I will let you know.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks for the inf.!

#12 ·
Ziebart offers a product called "Z-Shield". It supposed to offer the following:

- Transparent film protects paint and trim
- Prevents paint chipping and scratching
- Guaranteed not to peel or yellow
- Safely removable later if desired

Maybe it can be applied to just the shock tower.

www.ziebart.com

See you at the 2005 Woodward Dream Cruise on August 19-20!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: williamflynn on 2005-06-27 11:59 ]</font>

#13 ·
Should have bought protection from PY !

#17 ·
Okay, I'm starting to get a little frustrated with my dealership. I have asked the service department time and time again about the 4th sticker. They have no clue what I am talking about. I printed off the TB that I found on here and showed it to them. They still don't know anything about. Any other course of action I could pursue that doesn't require a trip up north to another dealership?

#19 ·
I have heard not to use solvent based products on the decal to keep the numbers and letters on them. I have frequently wiped over it with a finger or a damp cloth and have never noticed any thing coming off.

#20 ·
Mine is fine, but the POs had taken good care of it. I do have the 4th sticker, as DC25, the last owner before me ordered it from Ford.

Collin, aka PY, gave me a Cleartastic cover. A static sticker that is clear. I have taken it off once or twice in the past 7 years to wipe behind the sticker with a very soft damp cloth. Then placed the Cleartastic back on the sticker. :py1:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.