Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today is NOT a good day. A piece of plaster dropped on the roof of my Bullitt leaving a small dent and several small white scratches. Not major, but just noticeable enough to really **** me off.

Not only that, but it was compounded by my mother deciding she needed to "help" before I woke up by trying to remove the plaster. Using a dry towel and a shopvac, she proceeded to produce scratches on the rear decklid and near the passenger quarter window.

Needless to say, I'm now in the market for a LOCKING car cover :mad:

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
39,666 Posts
helix139 said:
Today is NOT a good day. A piece of plaster dropped on the roof of my Bullitt leaving a small dent and several small white scratches. Not major, but just noticeable enough to really **** me off.

Not only that, but it was compounded by my mother deciding she needed to "help" before I woke up by trying to remove the plaster. Using a dry towel and a shopvac, she proceeded to produce scratches on the rear decklid and near the passenger quarter window.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune, Tom. Take a deep breath, though, because you still have your Bullitt, it can be repaired, and someday you'll be able to sit back and laugh about the whole thing. I guarantee it. Chin up!

·
Registered
417 Posts
helix139 said:

:eek: :eek:

Yikes! That sucks!! :mad:

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Just a Suggestion...........

helix139 said:

Tom,

Without seeing a Pic of the Damage it is going to be just a (Suggestion) at this Point from me as to what you might do about this situation.

If it is not to Severe, I suggest getting in touch with "Colors-On-Parade".

I have used them and so has Steve here on IMBOC.

They are Mobile and can come to You to do this repair.

Just something to look into if you like.

Check out this THREAD:

http://www.imboc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157795

Terry

·
Registered
2,092 Posts

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
tigerhonaker said:
Tom,

Without seeing a Pic of the Damage it is going to be just a (Suggestion) at this Point from me as to what you might do about this situation.

Check out this THREAD:

Terry
Excellent suggestion.

If thee is a small dent maybe the painless/paintless dent guys can help if colors-on-parade doesn't do dents

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
tigerhonaker said:
Tom,

Check out this THREAD:

Terry
Thanks Terry. I'll look into it, but I think the nearest one of those is a couple of hours away. I'll probably just drop it off at the dealership and let the body shop fix it when I leave for 2 weeks of training in a couple of weeks, if i can stand looking at the damage that long.

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
helix139 said:
Thanks Terry. I'll look into it, but I think the nearest one of those is a couple of hours away. I'll probably just drop it off at the dealership and let the body shop fix it when I leave for 2 weeks of training in a couple of weeks, if i can stand looking at the damage that long.
Tom,

As long as "YOU" are satisfied with the (Final Result) that is all that really matters.

2-Weeks will give the Paint & Clearcoat time to DRY out while you are gone.

Terry

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
tigerhonaker said:
Tom,

As long as "YOU" are satisfied with the (Final Result) that is all that really matters.

2-Weeks will give the Paint & Clearcoat time to DRY out while you are gone.

Terry
I'm hopeful that the scratches can be buffed out without having to respray, but that was exactly my thinking as far as any painting or more extensive repairs having to be done, esp. since it is my daily driver.

Plus, it will be nice to come home to an immaculate Bullitt :cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts