Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drag day at Paradise Drag Strip in Calhoun, Georgia.

Sponsored by Cherokee Regional and Georgia Regional Mustang Clubs

The track is reserved for Saturday, October 3, 2009. Rain date is October 17. This will be a fun day of racing, showing, eating, and a lot of put up or shut up. Line em up side by side, no handicaps, no delayed lights. When the green flag drops, the BS stops and we will see who is fastest. Do it over and over again, no extra charge. There will be no trophies for the racing, but bragging rights are included.
• Admission is $10 per person plus $10 for each vehicle entered for drag racing.
• 1/8 mile strip, open just for us.
• Helmet and seat belts required.
• No passengers.
• Fire extinguisher recommended.
• All racing vehicles must pass tech at the track.
• Heads up racing only, challenge your arch rival to a horsepower showdown.
• Street legal DOT tires only.
• If you want to run a serious drag car, you can do exhibition passes only, no side by side racing with these cars for safety reasons.
• Timers will be operating, collect those slips.
• If it ain't got a Ford engine, don't bother to bring it as it won't be allowed on the strip.
• Concession stand will be open.
• There will be an informal car show similar to the one at Mazzy's....four or five trophies.
• Gate and tech open at 9 AM
• Registration till noon.
• We will race till 3 PM, longer is we have a lot of cars.

The Mazzy's reference is to Mazzy's on Roswell Street in Marietta, normal monthly meeting spot for the Georgia Regional Mustang Club (usually third Sunday of month).
Paradise is less than a mile west off I-75 at SR (GA) 225 (believe exit 317+1).

Why 317+1? Because every time I type in 318, the system puts an icon over over the eight. If someone would tell me how to get rid of it, please do so.

How about some Bullitts (or other Mustangs)?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Drag Day

Hey, that's great. I'll be motoring up with some Georgia Regional folks. Leaving Shoney's, SR 92 at I-75 at 7:45 AM, since there will be a little preparation required. Anyone from Marietta area or south is welcome to meet up at Shoney's. We'll probably eat breakfast about 7:15 AM or so.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts