Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has someone, or do someone know what kind of Drag tires can I get for my Bullitt?

I saw the M/T ET Street 26x11.5x17, do they fit on a lowered bullitt?
thanks for the input

Chris

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I'm assuming he doesn't want them for daily use...

Do yourself a favor and get something that is atleast 27" tall.... they make a 275/45/18 that will fit on the stock wheels, FYI.

If you go 26" you'll need an extra gear change before you trap.... not good... not good.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jymontoya said:
I'm assuming he doesn't want them for daily use...

Do yourself a favor and get something that is atleast 27" tall.... they make a 275/45/18 that will fit on the stock wheels, FYI.

If you go 26" you'll need an extra gear change before you trap.... not good... not good.

I just had in mind the 26" cause I tought that this was the maximum size I can put on my B...think about that I've lowered it!

ahhhhh I want the tires for the 17" wheels....

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found just these tires that fit on the 17" stock Mustang wheels...
they sell them on brenspeed for our mustangs...I really get confused by all this sizes....

M/T ET Street

26X11.50-17LT

Sidewall 11.1
Width Tread 9.5
Width Overall 26.5
Diameter Circ. 83

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Don't worry about that size in the rear when lowered... I've seen GT500's with 28" tires lowered, without rubbing. It's all about the offset, which those stock wheels will be fine.

Your stock tires are ~27". They don't rub do they!? You should try stay around there...

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
now I have 255/45 R18, and I used a tire conversion on the internet and days that it's 27"... the M/T are 26.5" on a 17" wheel, is that ok?

·
Registered
106 Posts
I got a set of 18x9 rims and 265/40R18 Mickey Thompson ET Streets from Lethal Performance. I am not lowered or anything but these tires hook pretty good and don't need much burnout to do so. I have gotten 60 fts under 2.1 seconds with them and I am sure with more driver skill I might get under 2 sec before I wear them out. I only do 1/8 mile drags and hope to get two seasons out of this set.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the point is that jymontoya says that 26" are too low and I will have to do one more gear change before the speed trap...

265/40R18 are 26.3", and the one I want are 26.5" so there are almost the same hight...
Pam you never tried to do a 1/4mile?

·
Registered
144 Posts
I was going to try Nitto 40133, 245/50/16's on 16x7 mustang rims. Will these be too short?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1 - 11 of 11 Posts