Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hubby just gave me the thumbs up to go to driving school. I'm very stoked. The one I like is in Phoenix - Bondurant. I plan on taking the high performance driving class in Dec. hopefully (will be a nice change from WI about then) Anyone done this before? Where'd you go? Feedback??

·
Registered
394 Posts
Mid life You read my mind!!

Now.....if I don't buy X-mas presents for anyone and I ask everyone to give me money and maybe skip the visa payment.....

Maybe I'll find a sugar momma to pay for me. :smile:

Eric

·
Premium Member
8,775 Posts
I took the 3 day Bondurant course about 5 years ago. It's amazing how your driving skills change over the 3 day period. Skills that you feel are impossible for you to do on Monday morning become routine maneuvers by Wednesday afternoon. After the class you become a very confident, yet defensive (safer) driver. I believe they offer several types of courses including one to allow you to qualify for an SCCA license. Back when I took it they had early '90s Mustang GTs. Enough horsepower to allow you to slide them around, you felt like you were driving a Trans-Am car. Sadly, after a couple of years, you loose most of the edge.

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
If I ever get to a driving school, Bounderants the one I want to go to. And it's not just because he uses Mustangs and other fine Ford products. :wink:
Cam

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, I liked them because they use Mustang GT's in the course I want to take. Their website was impressive overall. Midlife, if you are serious about joining me (or any other Bullitthead for that matter) I am just waiting for Hubby to check his work schedule. I'm looking at going Dec 10-12 barring unforseen circumstances. I'm giving up my annual ski trip to CO for this but I'm sure it'll be worth it.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I want to try my hand at the Richard Petty driving school.. I had a friend that did it and he loved it. Only reason is that I am a huge NASCAR fan.....

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I did the Richard Petty Driving Experince (stock car)a couple of years ago at Lowes Motor Speedway in Concord, NC(just out side of Charlotte. It was pretty cool. I just returned from Brooklyn, MI(just ouside of Jackson) were I attended the Track Time stock car driving school at Michigan Internation Speedway. Of the two courses I learned more at Track Time and drove more(24 laps compared to 8 at Petty). One very cool thing is they let those of us who wanted to, drive our street cars on the track. I have pictures of DHG #1302 and myself in pit row and on the track with MIS in the backround. You should love it!!! Enjoy!
FYI prices were $400-500 for Petty(I can't remember)
$995 for Track Time
again both courses were stock car

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-08-08 12:16, DHG #1302 wrote:
I have pictures of DHG #1302 and myself in pit row and on the track with MIS in the backround.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Cool! You should post them.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I went to the teen defensive driving thing. To drop insurance rates. It was very cool. I live in Phx so count me in for the group thing. So let me know.

tru blu #2968
13.94...there is more where that came from!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1248bullitt on 2001-10-28 22:59 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
We may have to do this soon.. I had heard someplace that Bondurant is parting with Ford and going over to Toyota for their choice in cars. Of course if they still let you drive your own car that becomes a non-issue. Lets get our group together soon!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts