Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
droopysbullitt said:
My wife's car was egged at some point in the last few days. :mad: It's dried on. Any ideas? Tried lacquer thinner WD 40 and scratch X. No joy.
I thought dried egg was water soluable with an emulsifier (soap). I would try a heavy water/Dawn soap solution.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
I would try polishing compound, I am sure it will never completely be gone.
found this also:
STEP 1: Get to the egg mess as soon as you discover it. Do not let egg sit on your car, even overnight. STEP 2: Remove by hand the egg shell pieces that are not dried onto the car. STEP 3: Wipe up as much of the egg as you can with a soft towel, being careful not to scratch the paint with eggshell remnants. STEP 4: Soak a towel in a solution of half warm water and half white vinegar. STEP 5: Place the saturated towel on the egg stain, letting it sit for 15-20 minutes. STEP 6: Remove the wet towel, wipe away remnants and dry the area with a soft, dry towel. STEP 7: Take your car to a body shop if the paint or clear coat is cracked, crinkled, scratched or bubbling up. You may need to have to have the car spot-painted or completely repainted.

·
Premium Member
6,218 Posts
It may have to be wet-sanded... :eek: Don't hang around to watch that process! It's like fingernails on a chalkboard just thinking about it!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Unfortunately another reason for the car cover... eh Greg?

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well this happened we think at her work. She worked late a couple of nights last week. The water and vinager works but it's a really PNA. Got all of it off. Now have to polish and wax. Amen on the car covers,

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Eggs are the worst.....man if they dry, they are a pain....

Hopefully they were just pranksters.

Ichibanbullitt

·
Registered
967 Posts
someone egged my bullitt a long time ago. fortunately they only got one of the wheels but it was right after i purchased my wheel replicas and put them on. i never knew it was there till one day i was washing 1078 and noticed it. i was mad. fortunately its not too noticeable but still very annoying. i mean everyone should be able to leave there car whatever it is and not have to worry about it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts