Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I was reading one of the posts about the "collectibility" factor for the Bullitt..which is appearing in a lot of magazine articles now. I personally bought mine because I wanted a Mustang and this was the sweetest one out there. Coincidentally, I found mine just 2 weeks ago (what a nice Christmas present) and swiped it up. IMHO I think cars are meant to be driven. They are not art...although some of them are very beautiful. I am not trying to step on anyones toe's here, but I love driving my Bullitt as much as possible. So, I was wondering what everyone else is doing? Are you driving it as much as possible....or are you keeping it in the garage and waiting to sell it one day in the future when the value goes up.
Also, I can't go anywhere without an interrogation about my Bullitt. Whenever I have something scheduled now, I need to leave early, cause I know I will be stopped by someone asking about it...especially if I have to get gas on the way. Anyone else having this same "problem"?
Ken

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
227 is a driver :wink: And I really enjoy driving it.

Take care and enjoy your Bullitt.

Bud

·
Registered
119 Posts
Good luck and happy trails with your car. The only thing that keeps me from driving my car everyday is New England weather and road salt/calcium. I store mine in the winter along with my other "Stang". If the climate permits you to, drive it everyday and enjoy. A well cared for Mustang is very rarely a loser at re-sale. Besides, this is one car that is made to run! Enjoy being an original owner of a modern classic!

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
Drive it and protect (collect) it!
You can do both!

DHG #3875
Modifications:
BULLITT chase scene recreated on rear dash
with Revell 1/25 scale 68 GT 390 Fastback and
68 Charger R/T metal body models. Unfortunately
the hub caps don't come off the Charger.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PY on 2001-12-27 22:45 ]</font>

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Yep PY said it! Drive it,but protect it. I reserve my seat time for those nice blue sky days,not a daily driver. Have fun with it and keep it clean. 20 yrs. from now I'll be....Who knows where? Will enjoy it now.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Drive it.

I drive mine in the snow and rain :eek:

would like to keep it out of the weather but I have to drive something.

·
Registered
155 Posts
We drive the Bullitt whenever there are less than 2 passengers. I get withdrawal pangs if I don't drive it at least once a day. Too bad about the bad winter roads, one more reason to like living in the South I guess.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I have a company vehicle, So I drive mine on nice days . Just turn 2200 miles on her

·
Premium Member
4,594 Posts
Daily Driver by necessity.

My husband might just file divorce papers if I told him I needed another car to "drive"!

My Mach is my collectible, but it was driven as a daily driver BY ME for at least 7 years. Now it gets to rest, while I have fun in the BULLITT.

I suppose if I lived in a snowy state, I probably wouldn't have been able to justify a Bullitt as my daily driver.

The only downfall is the Bullitt doesn't get a spot in the garage. So, not only a Daily Driver, but also sitting in the "elements" day and night! Poor baby.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
drive it, drive it, DRIVE IT!!!!!!
there are ZERO guarantees about any collectibility with our vehicles. it might be worth a little more than a 2001 GT (above the retail cost difference)10 years down the road....it might not!
mine was my daily driver until a week ago when i got a "beater" for winter weather conditions. so there may be some of us who put less mileage on our cars than a daily driver and low mileage MIGHT make it worth a litttle more too!
but there is nothing to suggest our cars will be worth drastically more than other Mustangs down the road!

2001 Bullitt DHG #648
Ford Racing Alum. Driveshaft
Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter, K & N Filter,
MGW LTD-All custom Satin Bullitt Bits & Pieces

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mystang99 on 2001-12-26 17:17 ]</font>

·
Registered
31 Posts
I do drive mine as much as possible but I also have a company car so most of my driving is on the weekands weather permitting.But it is a car ment to be driven densecharger lots of Zaino

·
Registered
721 Posts
I drive mine nearly everyday. That includes to work. I do not however take it to shopping malls or grocery stores. I take such good care of it, that it IS a collectors item in my opinion. I ve put 3 coats of liquid glass polish on the body, 3 coats of wax on the wheels, and 3 coats of leather conditioner on the seats. I also have put a couple coats of armor all on the dash and interior. Not to mention Plexus on all clear and color plastic in and out. People see it and can't believe I've driven it to work everyday for 5 months. So mine is an everyday driver, and a collectible. Make any sense? I'm sure now that I think about it, that you all probably feel the same way.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
sounds VERY nice XTC!!

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
I feel bad now.

Bullitt XTC treats his car like a princess and I'm always spilling coffee on the console. :sad:

I'm such a pig.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I drive mine every chance I get, even during the winter. We get about 6 months of snow, but when the roads are dry, it's OUT. Unfortunately, lately, the trips to town are for correcting shabbily completed dealer warranty work. I'm going for the FOURTH time for passenger side upper seat cover. Shoulda left the damn stock one on there. It had small blemishes, but I was probably the only one who noticed. The local dealer is inept at best. It took them 2 visits just to put on the new steering wheel (cut in the leather) and get the wheel straight. I told them this time to have an upholstery shop do it or I'm calling my cousin who works for Ford. This is the same dealer who didn't help to sponsor our International Mustang meet that Nasty came to.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Man, you gotta drive it....as much as possible! :smile:

But...

If you're in a wintery climate and there's salt on the roads, I don't blame you for keeping it in the garage during those times.

Scott D.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm really glad to hear that everyone is enjoying their Bullitt as much as I am. It also makes me happy to hear that those of you in the colder climates are trying to take good care of yours. I am fortunate to live in California where the weather is beautiful ALL YEAR LONG! I am also lucky to be able to drive my baby everyday. I use it for work, but the commute is only about 3 miles round trip...so I am able to keep the miles low. I also take it for nice rides everywhere I can. Keep on driving...and take care of your Bullitts.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts