Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to 2 different 1/8th mile tracks over the weekend. my best time was a 9.20. i see that's significantly slower than several of you who've posted time slips and run data here. mine's all stock still but i'm bummed. out of curiosity, if you're one of the ones turning in the low et's, what's your weight if you don't mind saying?

i'm thinking maybe i just need to stay away from cheeseburgers to get my times down. i'm somewhere around 340 - is that why i'm slow?

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
It is widely excepted that 100lbs is worth roughly a tenth in the quarter. It maybe even a little more than a tenth.

A 9.20 ain't bad for a stock car with stock tires anyway. My best is a 9.09 on a 1/4 mile track and the 1/4 ET was 14.06 on that run. A lot of guys running really good 1/8 numbers are on drag radials. Get a set of those and watch that 9.20 come down. Other than that, all I can say is try getting rid of the spare tire for weight savings. BTW, I'm referring to the one in the trunk of the car :grin: Alot of people do that to knock off a few pounds.

What was your 60' time and 1/8 MPH?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 01GTB on 2001-10-22 16:39 ]</font>

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think 60' was 2.2 and mph was 77, but I'll check on that - don't have my slips with me right now.

I'd like to get some drag radials and hopefully some wheels I can leave em on. Do you happen to know if I could use the same wheels on the Bullitt and a '65 mustang?

Any suggestions for some good racing wheels and drag radials?

Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Not sure if the wheels are interchangable.

I will probably buy a pair of 17 X 9 Cobra R wheels for Drag Radials myself. They are fairly reasonable and look decent. PWO makes a 17X9 in the Bullitt style wheel, but I have heard they are a little slow shipping, I believe it since they haven't responded to my email in a week.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I believe that my 1/8 mile was 9.02 with a 2.02 60ft when I did the ¼ in [email protected] That was on street tires and with a paper filter. I weight between 205 and 210 lbs so I don’t think that has too much to do with it. I the key is to find the fine line between bogging and blowing the tires off at the line. I haven’t quite found that yet.

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
What track was that at? I see you are in Maryland. You don't have the "Cecil mod" do you? :grin:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts