Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally made it to the dealer to have the drivers seat fixed due to excessive front to rear play. The mechanic that performed the repairs noticed immediatly that soemthing was not right as he drove the car into the garage. The mechanic replaced the entire seat adjustment unit with a new one which solved the problem, work was completed in about 45 minutes. I asked the mechanic if he could show me what the problem was. Apparently the unit was poorly built, rather than part(s) failing. Several large rivets used to hold pieces of the mechanism together where not pressed on tight by the machine. Large screws that connect to the motor units for adjustments have nylon guides that had excessive play indicating possible worn nylon guides. All in all the unit was loose rather than broken, with tolerances not normal in other seat units this mechanic has worked on.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Very good to hear, BLT5103.

I'm happy you have a tech who's on the ball and was willing to show you the assembly.

Now, if mine loosens up, I'll know where to start looking,.......those rivets.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
My front seat was also moving forward and back 1" under braking/accel ever since it was new. Took it in a month ago and had the front seat track assembly part ordered (YR3Z-6361705-AA)and it arrived and was installed today. The seat is now rock solid!
There must have been a batch of inferior, out-of-spec assemblies made at some point.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
My seat moved forward and back as well. But since I crank it all the way back I've noticed it is rock solid. I guess the gears have some play in them to.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
My seat also broke. It was like a rocking chair. The tracks are apparently made of plastic. My bolts broke through while I was driving in heavy traffic. I flew backwards and my feet came off the peddles. The worst part is that I was about 100 miles from home. My friend had to sit in the back seat and push the seat forward at the top to prevent it from moving back :sad:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Thanks for the heads up fellas... I just took #899 to the dealer this week, and they fixed everything except the seat. They didn't know what was wrong. They checked the bolts under the car, and said they were tight. Next time I will tell them to check the mechanism.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-10-18 13:47, CA_Bullitt wrote:
Thanks for the heads up fellas... I just took #899 to the dealer this week, and they fixed everything except the seat. They didn't know what was wrong. They checked the bolts under the car, and said they were tight. Next time I will tell them to check the mechanism.

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

You would think that the mechanics could figure that out!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts