Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am 6'3" and even with the seat back all the way my knees get in the way when I'm driving. I am wandering if anybody knows of track extenders (or replacement longer tracks) that are available that would allow the seat travel to go further back to eliminate this problem. I love my Bullitt just the way it is, but this would definitely be a welcome modification. Thanks very much. :-B

Jeff

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jeff'sBullitt on 2002-01-09 17:30 ]</font>

·
Registered
286 Posts
Hmmm, I'm 6'2" and I do pretty good with the legroom.

Tilt that steering wheel up one more notch. :smile:

Other than that, I can't help ya. :smile: Maybe call your local dealer's parts dept. and ask...

Scott D.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
MM&FF did an article on this subject a while back. Basically just drilled new holes in the seat track to mount it reward a few inches. Pretty easy actually if you have a drill and a nice soft surface to set that leather on!

·
Registered
394 Posts
There is a company that makes seat track extenders. They have a website www.mass-air.com but all it has is the contact info. (I don't think they have finished building the site yet.) I beleive they are about $80 for a set. I saw a tech article in one of the Mustang rags recently where they installed them on a 96 GT conv. and the only problem they ran into was the cover for the lower seat belt anchor got in the way when the seat was all the way back. The Bullitt doesnt have the same cover so there should be no clearance issues. I'm really thinking about getting these myself because I have the same problem I'm 6'3" and the seat doesn't travel far enough back.

Eric

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I am 6'3 and bought the car befor I ever drove it. Problem was I had not been in a new mustang, besides a few saleens in about 5 years. well driving the saleen doing dx's I was not gonna complain even if it was a tigth fit.To make a long story short I think you better re measure your self, cuz i fit fine

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everybody for your quick replies. I have long upper legs for my height (gives me problems when I buy clothes)and I guess that's why I have this problem when some people my height don't. I will investigates the tips you all gave me :-B

Jeff

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I’m 6’1, my brother-in-law is 6’4. He has an 88 and 94 GT. His comments when he sat in my Bullitt were how far the seat went back. He also said that he had read somewhere that Ford designed 2001 Mustangs seats to go back further than earlier models. Supposedly, that was a complaint tall drivers had with earlier Mustangs.
But BULLITT00208 and lee50guru had some good suggestions.

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
I believe on either mustangworld or stangnet, there was a tech article about moving the seat back 2 inches..Look through both sites under tech articles, i think its on mustangworld.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts