Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

First post... I am looking at a '01 Bullitt right now. I like the car, but it needs a new driver's seat. The whole seat is loose and the leather is worn. It looks like it is pretty hard to find replacements.

I think that someone had posted that the standard 2001 GT seat frame would also work. I could just transfer over the pads and leather, or order that kit as well. Does this actually work?

I know it is a long shot, but does anyone have a Driver's seat for sale?

I am looking forward to becoming part of the community.

Thanks everyone!

=== This is an automatically generated message ===

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome message there.

=== This is an automatically generated message ===

·
Car Whisperer
20,829 Posts
TMI could provide the leather and padding. is the seat loose at the mounting points on the floor or at the frame rails?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will go the TMI route if I can't find a good condition original. It seems that the TMI parts go on sale/coupon every once and a while, so I will watch for that.

I don't have access to the car right now, so I am not sure exactly why they are loose. I am hopeful it is something I can just tighten, but want to get an idea on the options before I buy the car. My thought is that I can more likely find a 2001 GT seat frame at a junk yard and try the transplant.

·
Car Whisperer
20,829 Posts
you may not need the whole thing depending on what is actually loose. good luck with it!!!

·
Premium Member
5,779 Posts
:D Welcome to IMBOC from Kentucky

·
Registered
6,677 Posts
where abouts r u

It was posted about eBay having some repo seat covers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am in Ottawa, Canada.

The replacement of the seat frame is my biggest concern with the car right now. I think I can handle everything else, but I am finding it hard to nail down a seat replacement.

As others have mentioned, I might be able to just fix the seat.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And one more quick question while I am thinking about seats. Does the '01 Bullitt have child seat anchors in the back (does anyone have a picture showing them). I am looking at the Bullitt specifically to be able to take my kids along with me. One still requires a tethered seat.

·
Car Whisperer
20,829 Posts
And one more quick question while I am thinking about seats. Does the '01 Bullitt have child seat anchors in the back (does anyone have a picture showing them). I am looking at the Bullitt specifically to be able to take my kids along with me. One still requires a tethered seat.
I used car seats in the back of mine with no issue. just used the seat belt to hold it in. I also installed a third seat belt in the middle for my youngest when he was sized to fit.

Reactions: Bullitt 736
1 - 10 of 10 Posts