Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It only happens once in a while, but every now and then when I roll the window down it goes "thunk" when it hits bottom, like it's bottoming out. Otherwise it operates fine -

"window go up, window go down, window go up, window go down..."

Does this sound familiar to anybody else?

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
No thunk here.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
I get no thunk, but once in a while it goes the opposite direction than I want it too.

Happens when both windows start in the down position and I hit both switches to 'express up' at the same time. The drivers side window will start to go up, but then hesitates and rolls back down again while the passenger continues to roll up - as expected. Hitting the up a second time always results in window rolling up as it should.

I tend to think that it is a case of the switch being over sensitive to down, so when I release the button from the 'up' position, the spring brings it back to the neutral position with such force that it bounces and activates the down function...

By the way, the express up/down function is something that really bothers me about my wife's Chev Malibu - or should I say the lack of. This seems to be something that has GM baffled, Drivers only - express down only. It is a feature that I have really gotten used to and I find it really frustrating when I jump in the wife's car that the windows don't work properly.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Yeah, I have had it happen. Just re-calibrate your windows.....

Roll the window up, and hold the up switch in the up position for about 5 seconds or so. Viola, re-calibrated.....Don't quote me on the amount of time, but it is in the owners manual....

Mike

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
GOT OATZ said:
Yeah, I have had it happen. Just re-calibrate your windows.....

Roll the window up, and hold the up switch in the up position for about 5 seconds or so. Viola, re-calibrated.....Don't quote me on the amount of time, but it is in the owners manual....

Mike
+1 on re-calibrate the window.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I might as well try re-calibrating.

I hear your frustration about the lack of express up/down in other cars. Every time I'm in my girlfriend's car I forget I can't do that. You get that split second of "damnit!"

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
digitalcos said:

I hear your frustration about the lack of express up/down in other cars. Every time I'm in my girlfriend's car I forget I can't do that. You get that split second of "damnit!"
That would suck...I think it must be a child proof thing.....On the Escape Karen had before the Bullitt, you could set it to either function.....

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
They did a good job putting express on both windows but screwed the pooch when they forgot to put in a setting save button for the power seat!!!

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I had an 05 and an 06 mustang and the windows in both periodically went "thunk", like they fell all the way down in the track. My bullitt windows do it too.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
MustangLynda said:
I had an 05 and an 06 mustang and the windows in both periodically went "thunk", like they fell all the way down in the track. My bullitt windows do it too.
Yeah, like in the last quarter inch or so the motor just lets go, but afterward the window goes up and down just fine.

·
Registered
72 Posts
i don't let my windows roll all the way down anymore. i usually stop them about an inch before bottom. in my 03 mach 1, the windown went all the way down once, "thunked," and never came back up. it was stuck and it took a trip to the dealer to repair, which was a pain as the window was tinted with an expensive tint, where the dealer destroyed and replaced with some cheapie.

ed

·
Premium Member
4,215 Posts
Loop said:
They did a good job putting express on both windows but screwed the pooch when they forgot to put in a setting save button for the power seat!!!
Same here, never can get the seat repositioned the first time.:evil: Always have to fiddle with the controls. Wish there was a retro fit solution..Even thought of disconnecting the wire loom to the seat.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Same problem with the V6 manual seats. No separate release to get in the back seat, you've got to readjust every time. PITA

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
digitalcos said:

Oh yeah, how we get used to our creature comforts. Remember how we used to have to ROLL THEM DOWN? :eek: Hard labor!! Now we are "whadda'ya' mean I have to press my finger down for 3 seconds, this is absurd"!!!! :lol:

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Loop said:
Yup, not having a seatback position memory REALLY irritates me! For some reason in this car (05+ mustangs) it takes forever to find the right postion again. For awhile I was letting my sister use my car when she needed to and I would give her the following instructions every time:

You wreck, we'll get it fixed.
You move my seat, YOU DIE!! :lol:

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
I agree with the seat, wish it could remember. I used a black sharpie marker to put small index marks on the track and the reclining hinge cover so I can get it back close to "perfect" if it gets moved by accident.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts