Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever had trouble with the drivers side window not going up. This has happened to me, I have checked the fuses ok. any sugestions would be a great help

·
Registered
873 Posts
Happened to mine a few times. I slammed the door shut two or three times and it started working again. :)

·
Registered
366 Posts
I just had the same problem with my car.I think the relay just gets hot and then the window wont go up.I just left my window down over night while parked in the garage and in the morning tryed it and it went right up.This happened to me twice now,gets kinda of frustrating after a while. GREG

·
Registered
312 Posts
I took off the door panel and loosened the motor. It went right up, so i tightened it back up when it topped out. No problems since.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
could be a bad window motor or switch.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Here is a novel idea. Why doesn't Ford just make the new Bullitt have old fashioned roll up windows -- like the orginal? I bet folks would love it. I will also bet that Ford would not even consider doing it!!

·
Registered
270 Posts
dennisbaker said:
Here is a novel idea. Why doesn't Ford just make the new Bullitt have old fashioned roll up windows -- like the orginal? I bet folks would love it. I will also bet that Ford would not even consider doing it!!
screw that, my ranger has manual windows and it sucks. If i get cold going down the road i gotta lean way over and roll it up hahaha :p

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I love this site. What I ended up doing was trying hockeyplayer's idea and lo and behold it worked what is with that. This is a great site and all the helpfull ideas members have given to me. Thanks to all.

·
Registered
270 Posts
01BullittGT said:
I love this site. What I ended up doing was trying hockeyplayer's idea and lo and behold it worked what is with that. This is a great site and all the helpfull ideas members have given to me. Thanks to all.
i laughed so hard the first time i tried it. It is such a "redneck" way of fixing something if you ask me...just hold the button and slam the door. I have been doing it for over a year though...almost 2 and it still works, haha

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would have never thought that it would have worked. But it did exactly what you said it would do. Someone has told me that their is a rubber seal at the bottom of the window,and that is the cause of the problem. But doing this and spending time in the service cnter is much better. Thanks again

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Happened to me just yesterday, I gave the door panel a good whack and walla Fixed!

When down the window regulator motors tend to stick on occassion as per my friend who is a service writer for a Ford Dealership.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
dennisbaker said:
I Like the idea mainly because that would save weight. and with the 05+ models being tanks you'd want to save weight everywhere you could. plus i like roll up windows, one less electrical thing that could break.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Another Driver's Window Stuck

Just this moring I was taking BULLITT 1794 to the dealership to have a small repair done (on the last day of the extended warranty) and my driver's window would not go up. I'm having the dealership look at it as warranty repair, too. We'll see.

Just spoke to service advisor and the window regulator (and the other small repair - replacing rear seal in the transmission to stop a small leak) is covered by my Ford EXP ExtraCare extended warranty. Not bad, I snuck the car in on the last day before the warranty was going to expire.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So do they believe that the regulator is the cause for the window problem. Mine is still under warrenty, and I was wondering if I went to them, they would replace mine. I would hate for this to happen again. I smell maybe a Ford recall.

·
Charles
13,300 Posts
01BullittGT said:
So do they believe that the regulator is the cause for the window problem. Mine is still under warrenty, and I was wondering if I went to them, they would replace mine. I would hate for this to happen again. I smell maybe a Ford recall.
Recall. You better read the 3650 threads. No recall. At least your var is under warranty

·
Registered
264 Posts
Had the same problem with # 2439 and found that it had bent the cross arms of the window mechanism.
Had to buy the complet mechanical system including motor twice as the first set got lost in then post.
All works well now.
If any one need a drivers side window motor send me a message as I don't throw anything away.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts