Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

Driveshaft Thump?

845 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  tigerhonaker 
#1 ·
Executed a hard first to second shift yesterday and felt/heard a loud thump from under center of car. Began driving normal with no further noises. Could this have been the two-piece driveshaft doing the watusi?:redface:

#2 ·
could be..might be why some replace with a 1 piece. also could be pinion slop.

#4 ·
tmose1 said:
Executed a hard first to second shift yesterday and felt/heard a loud thump from under center of car. Began driving normal with no further noises. Could this have been the two-piece driveshaft doing the watusi?:redface:
"Wah, ah wah tusi. C'mon and take a chance and do the dance of romance" :hyper:

#5 ·
More than likely a non issue.You should hear the BANG! I get when I do the same thing in my GT500:eek: These are noisy cars no doubt.There seems to be a lot of stuff to tighten up after a shift,Especially a hard one.The first time I heard the noise I thought the rear end was going to fall out.:lol:

#7 ·
08 Shifter said:
More than likely a non issue.You should hear the BANG! I get when I do the same thing in my GT500:eek: These are noisy cars no doubt.There seems to be a lot of stuff to tighten up after a shift,Especially a hard one.The first time I heard the noise I thought the rear end was going to fall out.:lol:
This Guy is Not Kidding !!!!!!!!!!!

Terry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.