Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the Loudmouth 1 exhaust put on #0005 this week. I drove the car quite a bit yesterday (Thursday) and have a pretty good feel for the sound now. I had high expectations when I put the system on and they have more than been met. The sound is exactly what I expected, raspy and old school. The noise is manageable if you use common sense. I got stuck stopping half way up a hill 2 cars in front of a local police car. I loafed through 1st & 2nd gears and had no problem with a hill start causing undue noise. Cruising speeds are not much if any louder than stock. You can, of course, be as loud as you want by choosing the (in)appropriate gear to cruise in. I was especially pleased with the quality of the kit and how well it went in. Looks great and the polished mufflers & tips really look good. As I have time I'll get a vid posted, but for now things are too crazy here as my Son is here from Myrtle Beach. Later.....John R :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
I have the full SLP set-up (LT Headers, Off-Road X, and LM1) and let me tell you, its LOUD!!! I love it though, and it was exactly the sound I was looking for, its very intimidating, lol.

btw John, where abouts are you in Maine, I have a summer house right on the Wells/Oqunquit line (reason for the maine plates).

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bullitt890 said:
congrats john. as hard as i lobbyed, you owe me a beer :D
I will gladly repay if you are ever out here or I make it there. You should get a commission from SLP! I am definately glad I put the system on, downshifting never sounded so good!! :cool:

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TheCat033 said:
I have the full SLP set-up (LT Headers, Off-Road X, and LM1) and let me tell you, its LOUD!!! I love it though, and it was exactly the sound I was looking for, its very intimidating, lol.

btw John, where abouts are you in Maine, I have a summer house right on the Wells/Oqunquit line (reason for the maine plates).
I live in Biddeford, we NEED to find each other this summer & cruise. I have yet to see another Bullitt up here & it would be cool to cruise with another. Let me know if & when You'll be up again. O.O.Beach is fun but we could come down to Wells beach also....John

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
The only Bullitt i've seen up there was in 2001, right when they came out at a house near by, only saw it twice, then is disappeared.

I would def. be up for a cruise. i've gotta be carefull up there tho, because my car isnt exaclty as legal as it needs to be, lol.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TheCat033 said:
The only Bullitt i've seen up there was in 2001, right when they came out at a house near by, only saw it twice, then is disappeared.

I would def. be up for a cruise. i've gotta be carefull up there tho, because my car isnt exaclty as legal as it needs to be, lol.
Yeah and the 2 of us together would be quite an earful if we weren't grannying...I'd be good, I've gotta stay on the good side of the law up here too. Anytime you're going to be up here just drop me a pm.....John :smile:

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
bullitt890 said:
:lol: didnt know you guys had it bad like we do in california
yeah they're pretty terrible up there with modded cars, last summer I got pulled over because my rear tires are too wide :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts