Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been thinking about adding driving lights. Sense the Bullitt appears to already be wired for it, it seems that all I need is, the lights and the switch. I also don’t like having a blank plate on my console. Suggestion, opinions?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bullitt1024 on 2001-10-24 23:38 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bullitt1024 on 2001-10-24 23:40 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
My opinion?
I have no use for driving lights, but I DO like the open space for fresh cool air moving directly to my K&N.
If you desire lights, though, I believe it's a very simple install due to the reasons you mentioned.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How are you moving air up to your K&N air filter from the driving light hole? It looks like the air would just move down and under instead of up and in?

I never had driving lights, and I usally find them annoying when cars in the oncoming lane are using them. There just to bright, I think. My wife has driving lights and uses them when I’m not in the truck with her. I turn them off because I think they’re too bright for oncoming traffic. Her truck driving lights are probably higher than my headlights.
I think I’m hung up on the blank in the console. I feel I got shorted an option.
I also heard the Bullitt was originally supposed to have driving lights, but they were cut to save on cost.

·
Registered
75 Posts
heres an idea...I have two extra air filter silencers...if you go from under the car you will notice that the silencer inlet shape pretty much matches up with the shape of the fog light hole...you will also notice that the tube coming from the silencer heads up towards the fender well...mount the silencer in the fog lamp hole, and then connect that silencer tube to the silencer tube thats fixed to your air filter box with flex hose and you will have a pretty good ram air system....i think?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts