Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's time for me to get new drying towels and was wondering what everybody was using?

·
Premium Member
18,830 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,830 Posts
What Art said! :lol:

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
A leaf blower is nice, but if you have hard water in your area, it could cause little trails to be left behind as the water moves off of the paint. When drying the car, you really want to have the smallest amount of water reamining possible. If you have a really good coat of wax on the car, the best way to dry it is to actually put water on it. I know that sounds crazy, but .........

When you are finished washing the car, remove the nozzle from the hose. Hold the hose parallel with the surface and let the water run right over the paint. Avoid splashing. This will actually "sheet" the water off of the car and will take care of about 80% of the water left behind after the wash. You can then use a leaf blower, microfiber towel, water magnet, absorber, etc to sop up the remaining water. I personally like the honeycomb weave drying towels like the Water Magnet from Meguiars. A lot of people swear by the Absorber.

HTH

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
SmokinBullitt said:
When your at a car show, the jelly blade is a savior. You can dry a car in 10 minutes.
If you think that they work good on the Bullitt you should try it on the Lightning. All the sides are pretty much flat so it gets the truck really dry in no time! The Bullitt has too many curves and crevices to compete, but it is still tons better than without.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
I use the two-eighty drying method. Two windows up and eighty miles per hour for about ten minutes. Then I use a very soft cotton towel for the under trunk lid, doors and hood areas.:eek: And yes, I have used a leaf blower, but it isn't as gratifying.:badgrin:

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
I use David's method whenever possible, but with hard water here, it can create more work for me when I stop to wipe it the rest of the way. As long as I have a spray detailer handy and good cloths, I'm okay.

I haven't used the leaf blower though, however I have used the compressor and a small blow gun.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
I cut and pasted Jeff's tip about because some may have missed it. Here it is: "When you are finished washing the car, remove the nozzle from the hose. Hold the hose parallel with the surface and let the water run right over the paint. Avoid splashing. This will actually "sheet" the water off of the car and will take care of about 80% of the water left behind after the wash." I learned this from a friend a couple of years ago and did place basically same tip on this site. This works!! When my friend told me about it I really did not understand what he was saying and basically disregarded his advice. But then when I tried it myself I was amazed at how well it works.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts