Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I asked this on the BON board and didn't get a response. Everyone must be here! Do any of you know what the benefit of the "dual bore mass air meter" is on the Bullitts? In layman's terms, how exactly does it work?
Thanks.

PS I know now what you all meant in saying "it's worth the wait". Is it ever! And I love the sound of those exhaust pipes!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Dual bore mass air meter??? Do you per chance mean the dual bore throttle body? I wasn't aware that the mass air was anything but cylindrical with a sample tube and more than likely a nice 3/4 inch plastic bar blocking the flow. The purpose of the twin I would think is to provide a LOT more air flow capacity over the stock round one on a GT without doing it by just making a larger diamater bored out piece. I suppose with the larger diamater piece like say an 80 mm like I had on my SS it may not clear the hood. But with the twin 57mm on the Cobra and Bullitt you get 114 mm of airflow. Anybody is welcome to correct me if I am wrong.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx, Lok. Yeh, the dual throttle body is what I meant. I took the "mass air meter" off of the interview Art Hyde gave to mustangweekly back in February.
Thanks for the explanation.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Yeah Loc ,basically in stock condition the larger air flow fills the cylinders faster which should lead to better torque with the long runners in the bullitt manifold. It REALY helps when you SC.As others have said a good mod for the Bullitt is Extrude honing of the cast intake to smooth out the contours inside for even better cylinder filling. :cool:

·
Registered
264 Posts
Hmmmm.....extrude hone.

I just love the look of that intake and throttle body!

Gonna have to get that done some day. IT works very well!

Paul G.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts