Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
39,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, gang, we've all seen the big burnouts and we all know our Bullitts can do them. First, how do you accomplish this feat? Back in the day with my '65 Mustang automatic trans, it was as easy as holding the brake and gouging it... but how do you do it with a clutch involved? Secondly, just how much rubber do you lose during one of these smoky displays? Would ten (five?) of these show-off stunts have you out shopping at a B.F. Goodrich store, or what?

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
Simple Sir, bring the revs up, sidestep the clutch and put your left foot on the brake and hold it until you cant see the A$% end of the car. :bigguns: :lol:
Oh a trip to the bfg tire store will come!

·
39,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RCSignals said:
What are you planning ?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
OH YA turn off the traction control also. :lol:

·
39,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RCSignals said:
What are you planning ?
No plan. I just might decide to send up smoke signals someday, just for sh*ts and giggles... :lol:

·
39,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DHGBULLITT said:
Simple Sir, bring the revs up, sidestep the clutch and put your left foot on the brake and hold it until you cant see the A$% end of the car. :bigguns: :lol:
Oh a trip to the bfg tire store will come!
Thanks. But I have to ask: HOW SOON will this tire store trip come?

·
39,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
StvMcQueen said:
Thanks. But I have to ask: HOW SOON will this tire store trip come?
Oh, and HOW HIGH do you rev it? 3000, 4000, 5000?:confused:

·
39,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
DHGBULLITT said:
As soon as you want it to. :cool:
Too vague. I need scientific data here, so I can start saving for the new tires and have the money in time for the replacement.

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
4 to 5 grand and try to hold it close to 5G. The tire store trip can come as soon as the first burnout if you want to shred them.:bigguns: :cool:

·
Registered
156 Posts
As said above, TC off, about 4,000, dump the clutch and floor the accellerator. This will give you a sweet burn out (and max accelleration) Don't forget to shift into 2d, the Raptor light comes in handy. You can do this a lot of times, then rotate your tires and repeat.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Throw some water on the ground, then you can practice without much trouble. Put the rear tires on the water and smoke away.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
My purpose wasn't to smoke rubber, just a great power launch. Two weeks ago, came up to a T stop sign on an empty 2 laner. TC Off, 4000 and let the clutch fly as I floored it. Then turned left into my lane with tires squeeling and the back end came out nice and easy. Felt more like a power slide if you will rather than a fish tail since I was accelerating fast. The Bullitt's balance corrected perfectly with no whipsaw, I power shifted at redline for second gear scratch, and again for third gear scratch. I felt total control the whole time.
It was my first burnout on pavement (although I have years of experience on snow and ice), and it was...

PERFECT! :exclaim:​
My buddies jaw was on the floor yelling "I love this car"!

PRICELESS! :exclaim:​

Then he got to experience how it handles as a road racer for a half hour thrill ride as we climbed 3000' back up the pass on a tight 2 laner.

DYNAMIC! :exclaim:​

1 - 16 of 16 Posts