Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 05 GT is taking up space in my garage that could probably be used for something better. I like the Bullitt so much better than the GT that I never drive the GT anymore. The 05 is paid for and has right at 15k miles on it. It seems ashame to just let it sit and yet I know I'm not going to drive it very much if at all. Unfortunately resale value on these has tanked due to the price of gas. The dilemna is sell it and let someone else enjoy the car, or keep it and drive it to an occassional car show. What are some thoughts about this? Anyone else have a similar experience?

·
Premium Member
2,363 Posts
If you're not going to drive it, there's not much point in keeping it. The longer you keep it, the less you'll get for it when you do sell it. I'd say sell it now.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Bullitt3817 said:
If you're not going to drive it, there's not much point in keeping it. The longer you keep it, the less you'll get for it when you do sell it. I'd say sell it now.
Spoken like a wise man.

·
Registered
158 Posts
To someone who doesn't have a GT nor Bullitt, I would push towards a Bullitt... but someone with a GT, I would suggest they keep it and make it a Bullitt.

I would keep it and mod both the engine and body. You could turn it into a Bullitt with the amount of money you'd be saving by keeping it and not buying something else newer. I'm sure a new set of cams & headers, or supercharger would get you back in that driver's seat... a nice coat of PX paint should work too.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DrRickso said:
To someone who doesn't have a GT nor Bullitt, I would push towards a Bullitt... but someone with a GT, I would suggest they keep it and make it a Bullitt.

I would keep it and mod both the engine and body. You could turn it into a Bullitt with the amount of money you'd be saving by keeping it and not buying something else newer. I'm sure a new set of cams & headers, or supercharger would get you back in that driver's seat... a nice coat of PX paint should work too.
I've got at least 10K over what I paid for it already. Xenon body kit, stripes, 18" deep dish bullitts with KDW2 tires, FRPP suspension, C&L CAI w/ Diablosport tuner and custom tune, flowmaster exhaust, and all kinds of interior and engine bling. I can't see putting even more money into it. With everything I've done to it the Bullitt is still more fun to drive. The GT tends to feel heavy and sloppy in comparison.

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
That is a tough decision. I had an 05 when I bought the Bullitt also. I absolutely loved that car and guess I still miss it. Here are my thoughts on it. You are right re-sale value of the car car probably will not go back up any time soon due to gas prices. If you really have 10k worth of extras on the car you will definitely not re-coupe any of those cost. Put it on the market for what you think is a reasonable price that you are happy with! If someone takes the offer sell it.

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Well buying cars is one of the surest ways of losing money. They are a rotten investment and maintaining them drains even more money from your pocket.
Sell it and buy a Challenger RT. :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Whammer said:
Well buying cars is one of the surest ways of losing money. They are a rotten investment and maintaining them drains even more money from your pocket.
Sell it and buy a Challenger RT. :)
Buying a Dodge would be like taking the money and throwing it down a hole. I think I'm going to let the 05 go for around $18k firm. If it sells fine, if it doesn't fine.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
woodj said:
Buying a Dodge would be like taking the money and throwing it down a hole. I think I'm going to let the 05 go for around $18k firm. If it sells fine, if it doesn't fine.
That is one way. The other is to remove the mods that you can and sell them separately, at least if you have the stock parts. Then sell the car. I think you might recoup some of the 10K. Maybe it is or is not worth it, just a random thought.

·
Registered
803 Posts
If it just sits, sell it. That's what I'm doing right now. I'm sticking to the 01 as a dd and my 08 for everything else. You won't recoup all of your money, but legend lime gts are a little harder to find, so you never know.

Korey

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Hammer whatever sounds like a Dodge salesman.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts