Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow Bullitt Heads. I just came from the Sync website and they show all 2010 Mustangs will be Sync equiped and the 2009's will be able to upgrade. I spoke to a Sync Rep and he stated the 2008's will not be able to upgrade. Is it just me or did your dealership say the 2008 had Sync capability. I see the phone icon on my CD player and the ipod icon. Have we been lied to. Let me know if I was the only one that was lied to. Thanks and keep your wheels on the pavement!:dhg08:

·
Registered
346 Posts
Ford Sync - developed in collaboration with Microsoft - is a fully integrated, voice-activated invehicle communication and entertainment system that works with most Bluetooth mobile phones and digital music players.

Installation Note: The Ford Sync system for the 2008-2009 Mustang will only work with non-navigation radios.
There are reports that the Sync system will work on a 2008 Job 2 Mustang and newer with the Navigation system, but voice recognition will not be supported for Sync features, bluetooth phone support is still functional as is manual operation
of digital media devices such as iPod, Zune, USB Flash Drives, and other supported mp3 players.

The Sync system is comprised of the following:
• Accessory protocol interface module (APIM)
• Dash mounted control (HMI)
• Microphone, located on the driver A pillar
• Universal serial bus (USB) port, located in the center console
• Audio input jack, located in the center console

Sync is a hands-free communication and entertainment system that allows the following interactions:
• Send and receive phone calls via a Bluetooth®-enabled phone
• Send and receive text messages via a Bluetooth®-enabled phone
• Connect media devices (such as an iPod® or USB flash device) to play audio files
• Play media files via a Bluetooth®-enabled audio device

·
Registered
302 Posts
I can top this. The salesman TOLD me I had the bluetooth package because I had a button with a phone on it. Leaving the lot I asked him to assist me with pairing it and he gave it his best shot. He of course couldn't and a day later it was explained that no, I didn't have this option and well, tough luck. They offered to sell me a 3rd party blue tooth package but it would require running wire through my roof fabric and cutting a hole in my dash and some nonsense. I of course declined.

·
Registered
220 Posts
That's some serious $, then you have to worry about the installer tearing something up

·
Registered
68 Posts
Now wait just a minute!

Are you saying that a car salesman actually LIED to you just to sell you a car!?!?!

Hah!

They're ALL a bunch of thieving sons of [email protected]#$%&*^ who will tell you ANYTHING just to get a car off the lot and make their commission.

When I was shopping for a Bullitt back when they first came out, I dropped in on my local dealer to check out the DHG model they had on the showroom floor. This particular Bullitt did not have NAV.

So I asked the sales idiot about ordering one with NAV, he told me that NAV wasn't an option because, "As you can see, there just isn't enough room."

A real genius, that one.

Anyway, my rule is that I don't buy cars from salesman anymore. Instead, I buy through auctions. I do the research. I know my price. And I buy direct. Bought my Bullitt through an Ebay auction right off the showroom floor of a Ford dealer in California; bought my MB through an auction from a dealer in Dallas. Quick. Clean. And no pus-gutted salesman with a combover and bad breath to deal with.

·
Registered
84 Posts
told them i wanted the shaker 1000 with an ipod connection (they had this in the HG model on the lot) they called me back and said they found everything i was looking for but couldn't get the shaker 1000... i said fine, but it has the ipod connection right? oh yeah, for sure.... (talking about triptunes here with the ipod control)
go to pick up my car and no ipod connection... the salesperson opens the console and points to the aux in jack... i take her over to the other model, show her the same input jack, but with an ipod interface cable sitting right beside it.... "oh....."
they didn't want to adjust the sale price (and they were still trying to charge me the price with the shaker 1000 which it also didn't have). it all worked out, but if i didn't really really want the car i would have just walked away at that point.
this was the least painful new car buying experience i have had, but not perfect.

·
Registered
660 Posts
SWM said:
this was the least painful new car buying experience i have had, but not perfect.
Wow. I've never had a GOOD new car buying experience. But buying this Bullitt at CarMax was THE BEST car buying experience I have EVER had. It was actually enjoyable, and I am sure I'll buy there again. I can't say if it's for everyone, but it was SO good I wanted to share it in case anyone wants to consider it as an option.

Last used purchase before this one was a 2002 Nissan Xterra for the wife, used, at a VW used lot. They were pretty brutal, and I have since learned a lot since reading a few articles, particularly these at Edmunds:
http://www.edmunds.com/advice/buying/articles/125308/article.html http://www.edmunds.com/advice/buying/articles/42962/article.html

Last new purchase was a 2000 Taurus, a compromise to the missus, and it was an "X-Plan" deal where I think I got monumentally screwed. Heh, live and learn, and those lessons that cost a few thousand are generally pretty nice compared to ones that jeopardize life and health.

Another great article, speaking of jeopardy:
http://www.edmunds.com/advice/insurance/articles/138026/article.html

Best of luck, guys. Cars are objects of affection for us enthusiasts, and we tend to make sacrifices for them that others think borders on mental instability. Label me as such - I have driven sensible cars to the point I felt like I was in jail. Never again.

Here's to your impeccable taste in fine automobiles, my friends! :cool:

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
My Bullitt came with MobileEze. A fairly good Bluetooth that is connected to the Shaker500 and works well for me. I don't own or plan on owning an IPod so I am very good with the setup. Heck, the only CD I own is one with my daughters singing in a youth choir.

I had Sirus for the trial period. While I liked the commerical free I could not justify renewing since the car is only driven on nice weekends and they do not have a plan for limited use. Full price would be a real waste.

·
Registered
660 Posts
blackbullittt said:
ill just stick to my ipod and cds lol
Heh, the more I think about it, the more I think I'll just leave 'er as she is. I have a Motorola MP3 player (it's like the much-lamented Diamond Rio) with 4GB of memory. Between that and 6 CDs of MP3s, I'd be able to have a LOT of commercial-free (well, I do throw in the Bud Light commercials for fun!), I can pretty much hear most of all the stuff I like to listen to in the car.

I think I'm acting like a spoiled kid! :doubt:

Next car might have Sync, but this one has all the stuff I really wanted and more - reality is setting in, and I think I don't NEED that stuff just yet (though it would be nice to have).

·
Registered
38 Posts
as a tech at a dealer, and being able to play with Sync all day long on new cars, i can tell you, its very worth it. its crazy how much fun it gets when you have your ipod hooked up to it. but as far as what model years, Ford actually says its only for the 2009, and ive spoken to Ford tech hotline before about if it will work on 2008s, but they say it wont. i think it will though, at least Job 2 builds, because the part numbers match on the ACM. and even if its not Job 2 i dont see why it cant work if you had a 2009 ACM, because all the wiring is 100% identical, so the only thing that can possibly be different is internal to the modules themselves.

anyways, im actually going to try this soon on my 2008, and being a very late build, im pretty sure it will work.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'm interested in hearing more about this. I'd love to have an interface in 6045 that lets me control my ipod through the stereo like my Mini and my Audi had.

Shame some of guys had such bad experiences with the dealers. I've worked in the auto industry for almost 15 years, and have worked in sales. I will tell you that there are guys out there like you described, and there are many more that aren't. I fall into that second group. The problem is, too many dealers will just hire Joe Schmoe off the street and throw him in the pit to learn for himself, and that's where you get the sleezy dudes from. Then there's guys like myself who are trying to change the face of the business. I've devoted my career to the industry, aside from being a car guy. With the education and experience background that I have, I could step in a dealer principles shoes and run the dealership tomorrow morning. But I've gone as far as I can in that venue, so I'm trying to go with one of the manufacturers.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sync

SnideT_BIRD said:
as a tech at a dealer, and being able to play with Sync all day long on new cars, i can tell you, its very worth it. its crazy how much fun it gets when you have your ipod hooked up to it. but as far as what model years, Ford actually says its only for the 2009, and ive spoken to Ford tech hotline before about if it will work on 2008s, but they say it wont. i think it will though, at least Job 2 builds, because the part numbers match on the ACM. and even if its not Job 2 i dont see why it cant work if you had a 2009 ACM, because all the wiring is 100% identical, so the only thing that can possibly be different is internal to the modules themselves.

anyways, im actually going to try this soon on my 2008, and being a very late build, im pretty sure it will work.
HOW DO YOU DETERMINE IF A 2008 IS A JOB ?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts