Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has a dvd player in the dash of their bullitt? I know I saw one on somebody's signature before. I would like some info on what model u chose and how hard the installation was. Also any other info on custom speakers and systems in general would be helpful.Thanks

·
Registered
167 Posts
Not to sound obtuse, but why would you need a DVD player in your car, especially a Bullitt? I mean, wouldn't that necessitate a monitor for watching movies which you really can't do in a car? Or are there audio DVDs now?

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
"Everyone" has a DVD player in their cars now. :lol: No really, there's other people in the car besides the driver for some people...and plus, some people like the toys...the more the better. I agree...no one should ever be watching and driving at the same time!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I agree that no one should be watching tv and driving. I saw a GT conv a couple of weeks ago. This guy had a flip down screen on his light bar, and a screen in each sun visor. That's crazy. Who cares about watching tv in your car when you could be having much more fun driving your Bullitt.
:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

·
Registered
765 Posts
Bullibabe,

It is probably Bullittnv that you saw, he has a pretty sweet system, I emailed him, super nice guy he has Panasonic if I remember right? I want one too !! :grin: but I will probably go with the Pioneer unit, (cuz I can get it at a great price) as for WHY you would want to:LOTS of reason's !! I need it primarily just for a display as I plan on installing a pII450 motherboard with a 40Gb hardrive containing about 30 gigs worth of mp3's!! The fact that I would never have to carry another CD in my is appealing to me, I could also use it as a data logger for my car, connect it to my Sprint PCS phone and surf the "Bullittclub" from the parking lot at a car show AND to top it off I have some software that will allow me to use a $150 handheld Garmin E-trex GPS unit to get full-mobile navigation instead of spending $1200+ for the same thing. IF I decide to get super-silly I can upgrade my home network to a wireless system and connect the PC in my car to it by simply pulling it in the garage! Allowing me to transfer files and MP3's to the harddrive without having to connect anything!! I think the possibilities are almost limitless with this setup and this WILL be the way of the future.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Did someone say DVD? I love this thing. Sounds great and looks good too! I'll have the hubby log in later and tell ya about all the goodies he has hooked up!

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Aha!! I can see it in your sig under the A/C knobs! :grin: That PC setup sounds suuhhweeett!! If I had the money, I would do so as well. :smile: Except, probably in a Hummer. A black one. :smile:

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Waz dit Internet thang ever one's always talkin' 'bout?

DVD? I got that wunce from my perty kuzin, dotor gave me a big shot an cleared it reitch up!

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I thought about it too, and will most likly get on, reason being, something to watch while waiting inline at the track :smile:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts