Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this past weekend i got on a friends MD mustang dyno.
We went up to around 5800 came down and on the release the check engine light came on, so we cut it off and restarted it, now theres a nasty knock in the engine. spun bearing or thrown rod and piston who knows, i havnt had the chance to do any real digging.
but yea so now im pretty ****ed hah. Any suggestions on what it may be, im getting with Mike Murillo who runs a mustang shop in san antonio tomorrow that will hopefully start me off. Im counting on jsut beign able to maybe do some cam work and forge the internals but who knows, i have No Exact clue on what it may be but ill let you know
And any input is great, actually please let me know your opinions.
O and i put down 260hp and 304ft-lbs with bbk headers, offroad bbk h-pipe, JLT cold air, and magnaflows on the end. Man and i would of never guessed it would happen there or ever, it was a solid car when we were running it!!!
not like it matters now haha.........cough

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I had a couple of spun bearings on my original motor, but the knock wasn't real loud. It just started drinking oil. At least it is a good excuse to build a forged shortblock for the future.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
DO NOT USE MIKE MURILLO unless you want to get screwed!

·
Premium Member
6,218 Posts
I have to recommend trailering it to Strictly in Houston. You won't be dissapointed. I haven't heard anything negative about them, including personal experience. They will be tuning mine after the bumpsticks.

·
Registered
57 Posts
5111 said:
DO NOT USE MIKE MURILLO unless you want to get screwed!

Promodular is in the same category, possibly worse, as far as service, ethics, and competance goes. I know about both of these shops from work they've done that has come to me to be repaired/retuned, not second hand hearsay. Dee also knows firsthand about these issues. I am in OKC, but don't know if that's too far for you.

www.swtuning.com/testimonials.htm

jim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts