Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a week ago I went to Kenny Brown Performance to look into a Dyno run. My question is: Is 100 bucks an hour a reasonable cost for the run?
Just curious and thanks in advance for any responses.
Aaron

1,169 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-08-04 20:35, Bullitt#0685 wrote:
About a week ago I went to Kenny Brown Performance to look into a Dyno run. My question is: Is 100 bucks an hour a reasonable cost for the run?
Just curious and thanks in advance for any responses.
Aaron

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
Thanks Bullitt#0685. I did'nt answer your question in the dyno shop because I think you will get better feed back here.

I had 3 dyno's done on my Bullitt The first was $100.00 per hour. I paid $120.00
The 2nd was $100.00 for 3 pulls.
The 3rd was $75.00 for 3 pulls.

Most companys that charge by the hour do so because some people do MODS when the car is on the Dyno.

The price you got for $100.00 per hour is good. You should be able to do at least 4 pulls.

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
At the show I was at today, we had Dyno. It was normally $75.00 but for the show he was doing Horse power pulls for $50.00 and qtr mile times for $25.00 more.
I didn't run 1007, because I was bussy with the show. But a 2001 Cobra did, a 2001 Lighting also ran a horse pwr pull. The horse pwr figures where cobra 251HP at 99MPH and the Lighting was 308 ant 102MPH , where consitant with what I've heard both where suppose to be. The Cobra had 10,000 miles and he ran a 13.74 at 102MPH, during the Cobra's run, on the power shifts the cobra would smoke the tires. I think a 2000 LT1 Trans Am wasted his engine because during his first run it was smokeing black real bad and then on the qtr mile run he smoking blue from the exhuast real bad and didn't run good when leaving.
The most powerfull run was the Lighting with a 84 TA coming next with a 301 at a 101MPH.
I know, I fed you way more info than you asked for. I'm sorry!!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I appreciate the input guys I guess I'll give it a try.
Thanks again
Aaron

1,169 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-08-04 21:27, Bullitt#0685 wrote:
I appreciate the input guys I guess I'll give it a try.
Thanks again
Aaron
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
Please post the results in the Dyno Shop. :lol:

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
You mean they were doing drag runs on the dyno? How good is the traction? First time I heard of that. Sorry I didn't make the show,we had other things going on today.....Sounded like some real fun!

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
The Cobra and the 2000 Ta where the only ones that tryed the Qtr mile pull. The Cobra on the power shifts would jump and smoke the tires so I don't think they had good trackion. The TA I think hurt his motor.
A 70 442 did a horse power pull and he also had motor problems on the second pull (leak) so no one else tryed it. Althought that 442 sounded unbelievable, when he kicked it in the ass that rocket moter 455 was rocking, but I never got over to see his run numbers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts