1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Doug knows his stuff... nice numbers

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Dynojet or Mustang Dyno? And what was the temp and humidity. I was about 4hp less and 1ft/lbs of torque less. I have the Breenspeed tune and stock exhaust, on a 72 degree humid morning.

And if the off-road pipe is worth 10-15 hp and a similar amount of torque, these numbers seem to support the hypothesis that not only is the 09 Bullitt superior to the 08 by being rarer, prettier, more attractive to women, and faster, but equipped with a more powerful engine from the factory.:wink: :wink: :dhg08:

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lambo said:
Dynojet or Mustang Dyno? And what was the temp and humidity. I was about 4hp less and 1ft/lbs of torque less. I have the Breenspeed tune and stock exhaust, on a 72 degree humid morning.

And if the off-road pipe is worth 10-15 hp and a similar amount of torque, these numbers seem to support the hypothesis that not only is the 09 Bullitt superior to the 08 by being rarer, prettier, more attractive to women, and faster, but equipped with a more powerful engine from the factory.:wink: :wink: :dhg08:
SuperFlow Dynamometer on 70˚F day, with 85% humiity. :D

I cannot vouch for the 10-15 Hp gain from the off-road H-pipe because I do not have baseline numbers, nor can I validate any of the gain from the tune because of the same reason.

However, I can comment on the 08 comparison to the 09… It is well know that 09 owners, (most, but not all) unfortunately suffer from DPD. Therefore, that sense of superiority is a false sentiment that clearly depicts your symptoms

Disclaimer: I am in no way a healthcare professional. Do not self-diagnose. Always seek a professional for opinions on your own mental health status. This post is for entertainment purposes only. :D

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Hey I'm not a doctor, but I spent last night at a Holiday Inn Express. And the lot was full of 08 Bullitts.:lol:

On a serious note, I'm not familiar with the Superflow Dyno. Anyone have experience with them? Your conditions were similar to mine, a stock 08 that pulled just before me got 281hp and 294tq.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't know much about the Superflow except that for those of us running high horsepower, high torque diesel's the others such as the Dynojet can't handle our trucks where Jannetty's SuperFlow does.

To get off-track:

I stayed at the Hilton next door to your Holiday Inn Express and it was the Hilton parking lot you saw all those 08 Bullitts in :lol:

The Holiday Inn lot had a single 09 Bullitt, two Aztec's, four Honda Civics's, two Chevettes, a Fairlane, a Sunbird Hatchback, an LTD Wagon, twenty two Prius', and a Peel Trident :eek:

Peel Trident

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Joe,

I am going with the Bamma tune as well and am looking at the torque tune to go with first.

I am trying to improve low end torque.

Have you tried that tune yet or have you only run the race tune?

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Loop said:
Joe,

I am going with the Bamma tune as well and am looking at the torque tune to go with first.

I am trying to improve low end torque.

Have you tried that tune yet or have you only run the race tune?
If you are getting the SCT x3 Tuner from Doug he will include three tunes of your choice.

I asked for the 93 Octane Performance, Torque, and Race tunes. I was not interested in fuel economy, just performance and response and that's what I gauged my evaluation of these tunes on.

I can tell you based upon my criteria and seat-of-the-pants Dyno,
that there was no difference between the Torque and Race tune at the lower end of the RPM band, but a significant difference at the higher end. That is why I elected to keep the Race tune for everyday driving.

The performance tune IMHO had the same response level off idle, as did the other tunes, but just seemed a little flat for my liking.

Doug will need the following information:
1.) 2008 Bullitt
2.) 4.6L manual
3.) PCM Calibration Code: VBV1
4.) P235/50ZR18 (stock tires)
5.) 3.73:1
6.) List of mods you have or plan to do, such as Off-road H pipe, headers, etc.
7.) Grade of fuel you plan to use (octane). 87, 91, 93, and/or a combination of these.

Furthermore, I asked Doug for a 91 octane Race tune for when I am traveling and a 93 emissions tune because I deleted the CATS and there was no charge.

I can attest to the fact that Doug takes care of his customers.
One down side is that it is tough to get him on the telephone so, if you want the best customer service from Doug you will get it via emails ;)

Oh, one thing; no 87 octane Torque tune. The octane level is just too narrow for an effective tune.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Bamma - Here I come!

Big Daddy said:
If you are getting the SCT x3 Tuner from Doug he will include three tunes of your choice.

I asked for the 93 Octane Performance, Torque, and Race tunes. I was not interested in fuel economy, just performance and response and that's what I gauged my evaluation of these tunes on.

I can tell you based upon my criteria and seat-of-the-pants Dyno,
that there was no difference between the Torque and Race tune at the lower end of the RPM band, but a significant difference at the higher end. That is why I elected to keep the Race tune for everyday driving.

The performance tune IMHO had the same response level off idle, as did the other tunes, but just seemed a little flat for my liking.

Doug will need the following information:
1.) 2008 Bullitt
2.) 4.6L manual
3.) PCM Calibration Code: VBV1
4.) P235/50ZR18 (stock tires)
5.) 3.73:1
6.) List of mods you have or plan to do, such as Off-road H pipe, headers, etc.
7.) Grade of fuel you plan to use (octane). 87, 91, 93, and/or a combination of these.

Furthermore, I asked Doug for a 91 octane Race tune for when I am traveling and a 93 emissions tune because I deleted the CATS and there was no charge.

I can attest to the fact that Doug takes care of his customers.
One down side is that it is tough to get him on the telephone so, if you want the best customer service from Doug you will get it via emails ;)

Oh, one thing; no 87 octane Torque tune. The octane level is just too narrow for an effective tune.
Sounds perfect!

Thanks for the info

1 - 13 of 13 Posts