Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone see the dyno numbers on Bullitt #1333 (posted on BON) which had 1560 miles on it?

first run with only K&N filter was 232 HP & 266 TRQ @ wheels. Then again with long tubes, O/R H-pipe, and BBK pullies it dynoed 259 HP and 294 TRQ @ the wheels

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
That's pretty impressive.. 305/346 at the crank!! Anyone know what the cost of those mods are?

Hey, why isn't #1333 posting those results over here? Someone go get him and drag him to BC! :smile:

DHG #1161

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bullittoid on 2001-06-27 17:18 ]</font>

1,169 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-06-27 08:43, Bullittoid wrote:
That's pretty impressive.. 305/346 at the wheels!! Anyone know what the cost of those mods are?

Hey, why isn't #1333 posting those results over here? Someone go get him and drag him to BC! :smile:

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

I emailed him and asked him to come on over. :-B

·
Registered
959 Posts
I had read an article that a set ob BBK long tubes and an Xpipe should net 30HP which looks like, is right. Headers are about $450 and a downpipe with high flow cats is about $395.

Brian

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
This is some awesome news. I'd love to see a specific list of mods and costs, something that others of us could follow (like a recipe).

Eitherway, good for him and #1333!

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-06-27 16:18, TXBullitt wrote:
The BON post listed the price of the mods around $1295.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
Thanks sir. Not a bad price. :smile:

I found the post, so I will put the URL here for future ref:

http://www.blueovalnews.com/ubb/ubbhtml/Forum74/HTML/000611.html

·
Premium Member
4,122 Posts
I am going to wait till I have a few more miles before I put mine on the Dyno. Does anybody have a decent set of dyno numbers I can borrow to put on my webpage. I only want to use the data with your permission.
I can either associate the numers with owner/car or not. I just want to get permission before I do it. I wanted to show the numbers by RPM for HP and Torque and then also have a graph to show how flat the numbers are looking.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Why did he put BBK pullies on the Bullitt? It already had under drive pullies. The significant gain has to be from the new intake and being able to pass more through it. I knew there was more potential there.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
you can use my dyno graph. I can fax it to you. Of course it is with only 65 miles on the car. I will dyno again with all my mods in a month or so.

Keep in mind the cost of those mods was not for instillation. My Xpipe was $200 and I paid another $75 to get welded in. Gears was only $150 but speedo comp and install was a total for everything of $550. Header will most likey be as much for install as the headers.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Hello my fellow Bullitt owners!

Okay so I'm a bit slow on this message board stuff but I'm here where I belong. As for why I used the BBK pulleys hmmm I think it was a case of trying to find more power. True Ford does say that the pulley ratios were maximized for performance but upon visual inspection at least the crank pulley looked the same as any other GT. I will measure the Bullitt stock pulleys and compare them to my friends 2001 GT and post the results. In any case the BBK set gave me more power and torque across the band. There is more in the car I am absolutely sure of it. Once a suitable TB becomes available I'll try it out too along with a cold air kit. Also, once I manage to find a friend with a scanner I'll post the dyno graphs as well. Guys we really do have a winner on our hands. I'm not in to bashing but I will say that with the Bullitt and a few bucks (for those who are in to mods) you can just about equal the performance of a Cobra have (IMO) a much more exclusive and desireable car at less than the asking price of a 2001 Cobra. I know this because I must admit I was in the market for a Cobra when after being discgusted with dealer mark-ups ($4000.00 for a coupe and $7000.00 for a vert in the central to souther CA dealer area) that I decided to consider the Bullitt. It didn't matter much that there were no reviews at the time or that I hadn't driven it, however, when I did drive it the deal was done. BTW #1042 thanks for the invite.

·
Premium Member
4,122 Posts
Crimecrusher 444

that would be great. All I need are the numbers and then I can put them into a table and graph them in Excel and then save the pic to the web page. I have one graph up there already to show how flat the HP and torque is. The pics are small and I can put yours pre and post mods up there, no problem.
Also with the table I just add the mods and then we can graph the difference between the before and the after. When you got a chance just go ahead and email them and I can have it done tonight.

Thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
Roushraven99, this is a great post. Couple of questions. Do you,a ford dealer or private company do the mods you reference. Did the $1295 include installation? do you expect they may affect your warranty? Lastly look forward to your Roush pictures, and did you ask them about stage II or III upgrades are available to put on a Bullitt?

·
Registered
762 Posts
Bullitt51 Powertrain Dynamics did the Headers and Off-Road and Brothers Performance did the pulleys. I went to brothers directly because I had to return the throttle body so since I was already in the neighborhood I decided to purchase and have the pulleys installed with the credit from the returned TB. Unfortunately the price I quoted was for the parts, all of them. Installation of the headers was the most expensive part of the job weighing in at $595.00 plus CA sales tax. The guys at Powertrain did a great job getting them in and it seemed that the hardest part of the job was accessing the top bolts for tightening. There were some scares but all in all I would say the work was excellent and I would recommend them highly to anyone else. In fact I shipped them the engine from my Roush to make it more stout for the blower. The pulley install cost me $85.00 ouch. Do I think that my warranty will be voided? In a word, no. As far as I and thankfully my local dealer/service dept here in England are concerned an aftermarket part has to be proven responsible for any damage to be declined warranty service. I have heard that some service centers will void warranty if you even modify the suspension or add pulleys. Your dealer/service department may of course be different. As for the interchangebility of Roush stage II and III parts on the Bullitt is concerned this is what I know. Roush had a hand in the design of the Bullitt to what extent I don't know, all of the parts for either stage II or III will work on the Bullitt. The only exception for now is that Roush isn't (currently) offering the stage III blower and fuel system upgrade to the public. Hey, there's always Paxton/Vortec/Procharger. To me the cost of the installation was worth the increase in performance. Later I will post all of my comparison data between my Roush stock, my Bullitt stock and modified. You will all be pleased to see that our cars did deliver what Ford promised but with a little tweaking they are even more impressive.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Roushraven, really appreciate your time and the information you are sharing. This really heips in fiquring out where to experiment, and being in Arizona, it's not much of a trip to Ca. Thanks again. I look forward to your future posts.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts