Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I have never dyno any vehical or see one except on TV. At the time of the dyno will I be behind the wheel or will the tech be shifting the gears? And if so should I shift all the way to red or somewhere near that? Feel free to give me your idea, thoughs and even stories while at the dyno place. Also how much do they normally cost? I talk to one place that will do it for $65 and that sounds good to me. Thanks

·
Registered
393 Posts
you won't be behind the wheel; the tech will.

there is no shifting gears during the sampling; they simply work their way through the gears slowly and make the sample pull in fourth gear. They hold the revs around 2000, hit the clicker, and rev it WOT to whatever point you designate (usually close to redline). Then it spits out the reading on the computer.

that's it.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, Thanks

·
Registered
540 Posts
when you get done post the results. see if you can do a run w/ the densecharger and one with the stock box to see any difference

tyler

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-11-09 17:48, anumis wrote:
Also how much do they normally cost? I talk to one place that will do it for $65 and that sounds good to me. Thanks
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

$65 is good. $75 seems to be the price I have seen most. Here in SoCal, Brothers Performance in Corona is running a special for $50. They will do it for $40 on a group deal of around 10 cars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts