Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CPop%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Well, I have the dyno results. Stock #'s are 276 rwhp and 283 rwtq uncorrected dynojet:camo:. The stock dyno test was done in August, the temp was 83degs and the humidity was 37%. Today I ran 3 pulls. The first pull was with the Steeda charge motion delete plates and the stock CIA filter. The numbers are 287 rwhp and 302 rwtq with a SAE correction of 0.97 dynojet. The last two pulls were with the C&L Performance racer CAI replacement filter. The numbers are 289 rwhp and 307 rwtq again SAE correction of 0.97 dynojet:camo::camo:. The temp was 58degs and the humidity was 38%. If you divide the SAE corrected hp and tq by 0.97 you get the uncorrected numbers:camo::camo::camo:.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Think what just a few bolt-ons more would do? Great numbers on the Steeda charge motion delete plates & whats sweet you can get the Steeda CNC plates with direct port nitrous tapped for later nitrous mod same price. The 09 guys are out of luck on this mod as the 09 has the plate built into the intake..Part# 555-3125 & for the one tapped for direct port nitrous 555-3126. The new Aluminum drive shaft that is over 28lbs lighter should be good for at least 15 hp & 15 ftlbs more since it takes over 2/10's off the 1/4 mile, Hello 12's with traction.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Which charge motion plates did you use the Steeda $299 pair or their butget ones that cost $149? Also what octane gas is this on? Since the second motion plates run were with the tune do you think the plates made much difference? Seems most people get around 287HP with just the tune.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Which charge motion plates did you use the Steeda $299 pair or their butget ones that cost $149? Also what octane gas is this on and who did the tune for the charge motion plates.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Blindmelon
Thanks, more modes are planned for the near future. Running mid to low 12's in the 1/4 with street tires is the goal. My best run was 13.69 et @ 105 and my 60' was 2.3 that was stock.

j0eyabs
I thought those #'s were kinda lame too for adding the Steeda econ delete plates, until I got home and saw that the stock dyno was uncorrected and the delete plates run was SAE corrected. I called the shop and they will e-mail me a copy of the uncorrected #'s. Comparing the uncorrected #'s, you get Stock 276 rwhp and 283 rwtq and CMDP 298 rwhp and 316 rwtq. All pulls were with 93 octane, the plates are the cheap $149 plates. The tune was from Dynospeed racing. I order tunes from Bamachips but they did not get here yet so I used Dynospeed racing tunes. The tune is fine and yes I do thing I gained hp and tq from the plates looking at the uncorrected #'s. I did not feel any difference in the seat of the pants. The next test is at the track.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Good info Tim I will be following what you come up with. One test I read was getting the best time launching at 3,000 rpm on stock tires & the right release of the clutch plus shifting at 6200 rpm (power/shifting) also hitting 4th geat just before the finish line. Might try a little less air in the tires like 28 lbs.Add air to the front tires to 45 lbs to 48 lbs less rolling resistance. Most guys lose at least 2/10's with the 28 lb lighter one piece aluminum drive-shaft. Less rolling mass. I see 60 ft being a good place to improve. Every 1/10 you knock off 60 ft. is worth 2/10's on the other end. Keep gas tank with less then 1/4 tank . If you have a DashHawk you can practice 60ft. & 1/4 mile times with it so you can get better times at the track also get a get a good cool down. Check computer for a good day with barametric pressure being high.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Snafu
Thanks for the info. I will try what you suggest with the tire pressures. I'm already launching at 3000rmps and shifting about 6200rpms, it's my clutch release that needs practice. I have the SCT Live wire I am going to use to help with my 60' and 1/4 mile. I do power shift when I remember, but most of the time I forget and let up off the gas during my shifts. The one piece aluminum drive shaft is on my list. Also thinking about JBA shorty headers, I know long tubes are better, I want to keep the Bullitt sound. I need more info on power gains before I buy the Shorties. Each piece gets I dyno and a day or two or three at the track before the next upgrade.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts