Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been able to scan this, but you guys have to see these numbers. I'm pretty pleased anyway. Remember, it was 101 @ 11am when these were run.

hp=246.6 & tq=279.6

that's 290 & 329 @ the flywheel (if my math is correct) w/ only a CAI, x-pipe and chip.

·
Registered
586 Posts
rsom1, you are the MAN! Thanks for sharing your stats with us. We're getting some reliability to these data now. How many miles were on it? Any mods?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just the CAI, chip, and x-pipe I mentioned. My Bullitt has 875 miles on it.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Excellent result!!!! Just adds more weight to something I've known all along.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Do you still have the stock cat back??? man put some magnaflows on it.. and it will really open it up. Or is the bullitt cat back good to go already??? What about a MAF???? would that work with the intake?????

what chip are you running????

Nice work.....

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
still got the stock cat-back (which I've considered as my next mod) as well as stock MAF. Just the screen removed, because it wouldn't work w/ the CAI. I had a Superchip burned and installed locally. It wasn't dyno tuned though, so when PHP gets his done I may send mine off to be re-programmed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rsom1 on 2001-07-13 17:02 ]</font>

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I blew it. I didn't get a dyno before the mods. I know.... loser. Nobody even think to suggest that I take it all off and do it again. I'll take the baselines that others seem to be running (268-270?) ind just believe that my $$$ bot me 20 horsies.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
w/ cats. The dyno tech told me that I'd have had much better tq numbers w/o, but I want to keep it legal.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Are you using the Densecharger CAI. And if so,did you notice improvements at around 2100 RPM? How does the X-pipe change the sound?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I used the MAC CAI, I installed it before I'd heard anything about the densecharger. AS far as the x-pipe, the car sounds about the same except for the very distinct "gurgling" when you let off the gas. Sounds very cool.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Hey what x pipe do you have. The dealer took my magnaflows on the trade in, but I have my bassani X w/o cats.

Does the X pipe with the stock cats back sound real good. I had another guy tell me it would not sound good...... Thanks for any input

Doug

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Learo,
just replied to your topic. I think it sounds great.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts