Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my car today to Houston Performance to get a good base line number and here is what I got,now I only have 1200 miles on it right now.

first pull: 231.7 hp, 266.5 torque
second pull: 233.3 hp, 269.5 torque

what do you guys think????

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Not to bad. I have heard of anything between 230 and 240 RWHP. Wonder what a chip will do. Would be great to see the complete torque curve vs.the stock GT's. Just remember,the classic looks and ride qualities,can't be measured on any Dyno!

1,169 Posts
I'm really confused NOW!

My car only was 200 miles no it, so it will be some time before i take it to a 1/4 mile track.
Why does the BULLITT have less HP and Torque then the GT's? But some of you BULLITT owners said you have raced some of the GT's and won?
I also seen the post on stangnet about the BULLITT running 13.74 on street tires in the 1/4 mile.I think 13.74 is great for a unmodified car.

I think i seen an article about a stock GT running 14's ? Does anyone know what a stock GT will run in the 1/4 mile? I don't know if the 14's is true?

Also the BULLITT on stangnet that ran the 13.74. Was that car Dyno'd??

GSCA #3535
BCA #36858
2001 BULLITT #1042 (Green)
1965 Buick Skylark Gran Sport Conv. 4 Speed
1965 Bucik Skylark Gran Sport Conv. Auto

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BULLITT #1042 (Ray Ackerman) on 2001-05-26 18:34 ]</font>

·
Registered
280 Posts
Ray,

My stock '00 Feature GT Coupe is a 5 speed car. With just 1600 miles on the odometer last year it went 14.15 @ 98.3 on the factory tires at 33psi. Traction was a significant problem in 1st with a slight spin into 2nd gear. Having drag raced quite a few different types of cars in the last 19 years, I believe my '00 GT should be good for 13.80's @ 98 on slicks.

Bullitt #12 is the one that went 13.79 @ 100 on the factory tires and 13.66 @ 100 on drag radials. I'm guessing that the traction must have been really good that day.

My GT is pretty typical from what I've heard on-line, but at my local track it's the fastest bone-stock 4.6 GT I've ever witnessed. The 99-00's that I've seen run mid 14's, but I'm thinking it's probably driving. Seattle Int'l Raceway is a relatively sticky track; it was the first track to see a top fueler run in the 4's.

The Bullitt holds a slight edge over a GT in the 1/4 mile, but is so much cooler in the process.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For what it is worth a guy on the corral just posted stock numbers for a 01GT,that guy had:269.5 torque @4000,and 225 hp @4800,and the guy with the Bullitt dyno'd his right after the GT and got,278.2 torque @4000,and 234 hp @4800.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Hey FIVE-OH,good to see you over here!If I haven't said it before, many thanks for your advice these past few months. Been a great help to all us Bullittheads! Its looking more and more like these cars are putting out the "preliminary Nunmbers". Only time will tell. Happy bullitting! :smile:

1,169 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-05-27 01:27, Five Oh B wrote:
Ray,

My stock '00 Feature GT Coupe is a 5 speed car. With just 1600 miles on the odometer last year it went 14.15 @ 98.3 on the factory tires at 33psi. Traction was a significant problem in 1st with a slight spin into 2nd gear. Having drag raced quite a few different types of cars in the last 19 years, I believe my '00 GT should be good for 13.80's @ 98 on slicks.

Bullitt #12 is the one that went 13.79 @ 100 on the factory tires and 13.66 @ 100 on drag radials. I'm guessing that the traction must have been really good that day.

My GT is pretty typical from what I've heard on-line, but at my local track it's the fastest bone-stock 4.6 GT I've ever witnessed. The 99-00's that I've seen run mid 14's, but I'm thinking it's probably driving. Seattle Int'l Raceway is a relatively sticky track; it was the first track to see a top fueler run in the 4's.

The Bullitt holds a slight edge over a GT in the 1/4 mile, but is so much cooler in the process.

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks for the reply Five OH,

I was under the impresstion,the 275HP was rear wheel. I'm not use to seeing cars with 235 RWHP running in the 13's.
I'm new to Ford. I guess it's the double over head cam design etc.

Do you think it was a FLUKE the BULLITT ran 13.74 or is that to be expected?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Ray, as I understand it an experienced drag racer turned those times in atlanta.Shows the great potential of the car!

1,169 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-05-27 22:53, bullittman wrote:
Ray, as I understand it an experienced drag racer turned those times in atlanta.Shows the great potential of the car!

Yes GREAT potential!! I agry!!

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
Ray,
The 275 is flywheel horse power. If it were rear wheel, then the Bullitt would be putting out 323 flywheel, the same as the Cobra. And we all know that SVT was not about to let that happen.

1,169 Posts
On 2001-05-28 21:23, SteveBullitt wrote:
Ray,
The 275 is flywheel horse power. If it were rear wheel, then the Bullitt would be putting out 323 flywheel, the same as the Cobra. And we all know that SVT was not about to let that happen.

Right SVT would not let that happen.
Thats sounds like GM. GM will not put out a car faster then the Corvette! Like Buick did in 1987 with the "Buick Grand National"....LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts