Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My E-Brake is hard to go down when releasing. Instead of springing back, I have to physically push it down.

I took it to the dealer and the tech said that the carpet was binding on the lever and he trimmed it away.
"Should have no more problems", he said :rolleyes:

Well, it's slightly better but, it just does not snap back like I think it should. So, I checked a friend's 05 and his snaps down like lightning. You have to physically hold it back to prevent it from slamming down to the released position.

Anyone experiencing the same?

·
Registered
670 Posts
No. That sounds strange. Something is definitely binding. Take it back to the dealer for another look.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Mine doesn't have that problem either. It doesn't 'snap' down like you describe your friend's '05, but I don't have to 'push' it down.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RCSignals said:
Mine doesn't have that problem either. It doesn't 'snap' down like you describe your friend's '05, but I don't have to 'push' it down.
But, yours does go down on its own. You do not have to push it down at all.

·
Registered
263 Posts
The emergency brake on my Bullitt works fine but the one on my 05 GT only worked properly for about a year. After the first winter it never felt right when engaging or releasing it. I never use the E-brake (once a month or so I test it to make sure it wont rust and seize) so I never remembered to have it fixed while it was under warranty. I dont have to push down on it but it is very sluggish. I should feel the spring doing its work.

The ratchet arrangement is inside the car so cant blame salt or dirt seizing it. I checked at the rear brakes and lubricated that part of the mechanism, it made no difference. I believe the problem is in the caliper assembly.

TSB 0654 Parking brake: conventional: mechanical linkage and cable was released in Jan 2006. Unfortunately I only have the title for the TSB, not what the complaint and its solution was. Maybe someone on this site knows what the problem was.

Take it back to the dealer, it wont wear itself in.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RC, that's exactly what I do, "…help it out."

Luc, I did a search for that TSB and only came up with "Park brake cable freezing/rear brakes dragging". That really is not describing the problem I have.

I will have to bring it in, again. If I see another Bullitt on the lot you can rest assured I will jump in it and check the e-brake :tongue:

Thanks for all your feedback :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts