Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
211 Posts
What's with the 1PP on the dash plaque!???!!!?? It's not a PP car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts
DavidMidgley said:
Dork brain wannabe? My guess? Too much want, not enough waumpum.
Uh...hardly. He traded it for a new GT500. It belonged to a buddy of mine who also owns a 2008 Corvette Z06.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29,355 Posts
itpphoto said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford...236842677QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW#ht_22249wt_0


Scroll down the pics, has louvers, side vents, rear panel, interior ID plate.

Looks good, wonder what happened that it's for sale, not a bad deal either I think,

Frank
Hi Frank,

I Don't think that is really (Honestly) a good deal.

Looks like Buy it Now for right at $29,000.00 Dollars. price: US $28,950.00

It is USED & Titled, I can tell you they do not have a ton of money in a USED Bullitt. At least I don't think so knowing what 08 Shifter (Mark) got for his New Bullitt when he Traded it in on the Shelby GT500 with 500 HP.

I have traded Many-Many New Vehicles that Looked New and hardly any miles and Trust Me on this. They (Dealers) always had some Reason why they could not put much money in my trade.

As Dealers will say to You, when we sell it is Worth every dollar we can get from You. However when You Trade it in, it is USED & There is just not a Market for a Used One right Now, we will stay in touch if anything Changes. Meanwhile, we can and will put this in Your USED Vehicle today. That is for the most part how trades go.


Terry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts
Since the dealer put the car on eBay almost immediately, one would expect that they don't expect a super quick local sale. There are more than a few unsold new Bullitts in the Atlanta area at the moment, and several Shelby GT's (not GT500's), as well. I would imagine that Gwinnett Place Ford would accept a reasonable offer, with V-8 Mustangs not exactly flying of the lots at the moment. But I gotta tell you, this is one nice Bullitt and the mods the previous owner made are easily removable if you don't care for them them.

My pal Wallace who owned the car said the he got the GT500 at MSRP and that he got a "very fair" trade-in allowance. Being the polite guy that I am, I didn't ask how much.

Wallace paid full MSRP for the Bullitt when he bought it in early January. I was very surprised that he traded, as he had told me several times that his Bullitt was one of the "most fun to drive" cars he had ever had. But while Wallace (age 60, by the way) isn't a fast driver he enjoys having a big engine like all motorheads do. The lure of 500 horsepower was probably just too much for him.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,071 Posts
Certainly can't blame the previous owner for trading for a GT500. The added touches look good, the interior ID plate must be removed or replaced. Some Bullitt aficianado should scoop this one up if the price comes down to $25K or less.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29,355 Posts
Wallace is the Man ....................

SurfGuitar said:
Since the dealer put the car on eBay almost immediately, one would expect that they don't expect a super quick local sale. There are more than a few unsold new Bullitts in the Atlanta area at the moment, and several Shelby GT's (not GT500's), as well. I would imagine that Gwinnett Place Ford would accept a reasonable offer, with V-8 Mustangs not exactly flying of the lots at the moment. But I gotta tell you, this is one nice Bullitt and the mods the previous owner made are easily removable if you don't care for them them.

My pal Wallace who owned the car said the he got the GT500 at MSRP and that he got a "very fair" trade-in allowance. Being the polite guy that I am, I didn't ask how much.

Wallace paid full MSRP for the Bullitt when he bought it in early January. I was very surprised that he traded, as he had told me several times that his Bullitt was one of the "most fun to drive" cars he had ever had. But while Wallace (age 60, by the way) isn't a fast driver he enjoys having a big engine like all motorheads do. The lure of 500 horsepower was probably just too much for him.
Jack,

Wallace is like my Pal here, (Mark) 08 Shifter. He traded his New/Used Bullitt to Town & Country Ford in Nashville, TN. for a New Shelby GT500. I took a Very Brief ride in it last Friday evening. He Nailed the Go-Pedal once and it Broke Those Very Large Tires loose Big Time :clap: :clap: :clap:

Wallace is 60 Yrs. Young you say. I am 62 Yrs and change :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: and I would Luv to have a bright Red Shelby GT500. Big Fast Cars are in our Blood. Age in this case just means we have been there and would like to go there again.

Wallace has gone "Again" and My Hat is off to Him. Congrats !!!!!!!


Terry
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,492 Posts
I'll buy it if I get to slap the previous owner :rolleyes:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,492 Posts
SurfGuitar said:
Uh...hardly. He traded it for a new GT500. It belonged to a buddy of mine who also owns a 2008 Corvette Z06.
No, your buddy just took a beautiful car and ruined it. He should have bought the GT500 in the first place, since it is obvious that he likes bling.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
816 Posts
BB2008 said:
No, your buddy just took a beautiful car and ruined it. He should have bought the GT500 in the first place, since it is obvious that he likes bling.
Err, no. He took a car (and in the end, it's just a car) that HE owned and HE paid for and did what HE wanted to with HIS car and HIS money.. Whether YOU like it or not is immaterial...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,492 Posts
***sigh***

Madpoodle said:
Err, no. He took a car (and in the end, it's just a car) that HE owned and HE paid for and did what HE wanted to with HIS car and HIS money.. Whether YOU like it or not is immaterial...
It's his car and his money so he can do what he wants, that was my opinion, and this is your opinion- nobody is right or wrong. That is the beauty of living in a free country- we can voice our opinions. To me the side louvers look good, but when he put the fake side scoops and other cheesy stuff on it, he ruined the look of the car- and that is MY opinion. :bigguns:

Lighten up! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,012 Posts
Madpoodle said:
Err, no. He took a car (and in the end, it's just a car) that HE owned and HE paid for and did what HE wanted to with HIS car and HIS money.. Whether YOU like it or not is immaterial...
That's true. BUT if Ford had done that to the '08 Bullitt I very likely would not own one now.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
816 Posts
I would have bought a CS (which actually I was shopping for when I got the Bullitt) rather than that if the factory did it, but I would never slam someone for something they did to their car*. That type of attitude is why I don't show @ NCRS shows anymore, I got tired of the "oooh, it's not correct" attitude..




*At least not out loud.. :lol: :lol:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,492 Posts
You know how the saying goes...

Madpoodle said:
I would have bought a CS (which actually I was shopping for when I got the Bullitt) rather than that if the factory did it, but I would never slam someone for something they did to their car*. That type of attitude is why I don't show @ NCRS shows anymore, I got tired of the "oooh, it's not correct" attitude..




*At least not out loud.. :lol: :lol:
You can take the boy out of Brooklyn, but you can't take Brooklyn out of the boy! :lol:
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top