Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The market .... is she a changin'?

Can this be be good for those who want a new Bullitt at a great price?

BUT ... if the market really dives, will the 08 Bullitt be cancelled??

·
Registered
4,248 Posts

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
PhotoRick said:
There is a Shelby GT auction that ends in less than ONE HOUR. The car is offered at MSRP, $39,830 with no reserve and .... NO BIDS!

Here it is: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FORD...45QQihZ003QQcategoryZ6236QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
This guy says in the ad that it is starting at MSRP (39,830) Then he shows a picture of the Sticker with the MSRP as 31,140.
He also says it is a 3 valve and 5 speed.

The third ad down in this thread has this:
5.4 liter, DOHC 32 valve, 90-degree V-8
475 horsepower, 475 lb-ft. of torque (estimated)
Roots-type supercharger and air-to-water intercooler
Tremac 6-speed manual transmission

WTF????? Dose any of these dealers know what they are selling? The Engine in the first ad shows no Blower! So what's the difference in these cars?
Anyway, I'm glad I never went to look at one. I thought they were supposed to be 500hp but I see they are not. I will just keep 03206 with the 400+hp and 400+tq I will have next week! (and that's with only 2 valves!)

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
My friend who's the manager of a Ford dealership here says the demand for Shelby's has sunk big time. He says they'll be lucky to get sticker for the Shelby GT.

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
barry bullitt said:
My friend who's the manager of a Ford dealership here says the demand for Shelby's has sunk big time. He says they'll be lucky to get sticker for the Shelby GT.

too bad, its a great car and runs like the bats out of hell....

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
P-51 Bullitt said:
This guy says in the ad that it is starting at MSRP (39,830) Then he shows a picture of the Sticker with the MSRP as 31,140.
This is a Shelby GT. It also comes with a Shelby sticker at $8300 that bumps the
31,000 to 39,000.
P-51 Bullitt said:
The third ad down in this thread has this: 5.4 liter, DOHC 32 valve,
90-degree V-8 475 horsepower, 475 lb-ft. of torque (estimated)
Roots-type supercharger and air-to-water intercooler
Tremac 6-speed manual transmission
This is a GT 500. It stickers at around $44,000 + Big dealer add ons.
Two different cars. I think that if the dealer didn't jack up the GT 500, they would never sell a Shelby GT at $39,000.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Your Wheels

stangmanx said:
Its a fake.
Hey, I like your wheels in the signature. Haven't seen those before. Have you got a close up you could post? Anyway, nice.

·
Administrator
6,285 Posts
stangmanx said:
Its a fake.
It looks like an authentic Shelby GT (not GT500) to me.

·
Administrator
6,285 Posts
P-51 Bullitt said:
The other sticker in the pictures is the Shelby-added one which show the sum total of the GT with the modification done at Shelby's facility. The price looks correct, as noted by Jim5081.

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
Shelby GT 4.6 3 valve 318HP MSRP is 39000 and change. The cost of the Ford racing parts for the Shelby GT is about 5K add some value due to the Shelby name plus a 1K gas guzzler tax and you get the MSRP. The market will correct for GT 500s as more are produced.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
P-51 Bullitt said:
I thought they were supposed to be 500hp but I see they are not. I will just keep 03206 with the 400+hp and 400+tq I will have next week! (and that's with only 2 valves!)
All cars are rated at the crank, so when you see 475 that is probobly close to whats at the wheels. ive talked to a few people who own the GT500 and have ad them dynod, some see #s close to the 500 others see slightly lower.

Its the same with the BULLITT, 275 CRANK hp which comes to about 245 wheel HP which is a rough number since some see only 235 while others sometimes see 255 to 265 at the wheels on a BONE stock BULLITT

1 - 20 of 46 Posts