Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just reading the archives and seen where the rears are too thick and must me sanded down.. Is this an issue still? I'm doing all the research now to install drilled/slotted rotors and EBC greens all at once.
Oh yeah and if you have a preferred brand of rotors what would it be?

·
Car Whisperer
21,575 Posts
I bought a set of the reds, haven't put them on yet. Company I bought from didn't offer the green for the bullitt.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So they didn't offer GT rears and Cobra fronts? Weird!!

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
I just bought some Hawk pads for the rear of mine. The sites I looked at showed the EBC Greens as fitting the GT, Bullitt, etc. That is not correct because the GT and the Bullitt do NOT use the same pads. Be careful and be sure you get pads for the Bullitt, Mach 1, and Cobra, but NOT for the GT.

·
Car Whisperer
21,575 Posts
yep, that's why I wound up with reds.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok so I'm just a little confused....(don't take much mind you)

So they do make a green for the Bullitt but it don't fit? But they make the reds for the Bullitt and they do fit? I called today and have someone looking into pricing and availability of greens (specifically for the Bullitt) as well as a set of 330mm and 296mm drilled/slotted rotors and braided brake lines.

·
Car Whisperer
21,575 Posts
If I remember correctly, when I went looking, the part numbers were the same for the Bullitt and the GT and I knew that could not be so for the fronts, so the Cobra numbers were the ones I went with for the B. The company I got mine thru had the Bullitt listed and the part number for the front was the same as for the Cobra listing so went with the red when they had none listed for the green ones for your cars. I figure a better pad and hey, it matches the caliper!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,122 Posts
Looks like EBC no longer lists the Green pads for the Cobra/Bullitt fronts or the rears, (which the rears were just GT's and wrong) They do list a "EBC Ultimax Premium Brake Pads" PN UD412. And they still list, as was brought up earlier, the Red and the Yellow pads for the Cobra/Bullitt front and rears.

While looking for the Green pads I ran across these.
GranSport 6 Pads
http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/brak...Bullitt&autoYear=2001&autoModClar=&perfCode=S

Looks kind of interesting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.