Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has the H&R 1.75's on them and H&R 35mm spacers on the rear. This is not the best shot of the spacers but you can see the difference. I could never dream of having my car without them!!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tracktoy on 2001-10-05 21:22 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tracktoy on 2001-10-06 10:28 ]</font>

·
Registered
714 Posts
I have the 30mm H&R spacers on mine and the wheels stick out further than yours. Not sure why but mine are almost flush with the fender lip.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bullitt#4660 on 2001-10-09 15:57 ]</font>

·
Registered
372 Posts
looks good man. how has capitol raceway been treating you? what kind of times have you been able to get?

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Hi Guys,
Three questions (Since I MUST put those rear wheels out where they belong!):
1) Where did you order the spacers from and how much do they cost?
2) I've never dealt with spacers...Do they simply slide on the inside of the rim before remounting...Is it that simple to install...Or must a professional do it?
3) Do you have part numbers for the 30mm and 35mm spacers?

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Thanks Tracktoy and #4660,
This is just what the car needs and I'm glad you made these helpful posts. I'm going to get a pair of 35mm's...Correction...just did some more measuring and decided to order 30mm's. In stock! Will be here in a couple days...SUPER!

Black #5578 born Wednesday, 8-22-01
Steeda Tri-Ax shftr,DenseCharger100mm, MGW satin goodies, Ford 3.73's & Alum.Driveshft

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dennis on 2001-10-10 12:21 ]</font>

·
Registered
714 Posts
You'll love the look, it's the look Ford should have shot for in the first place. Just a couple tips: snip off the two hold down washers that hold the brake disc on so the spacers sit flush against the disc. Also, put a little thread lock on the new nuts that hold the spacers down to the axles that way you can tighten them down and forget about it!

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Thanks #4660. You're right about the correct "look". I was thinking my best option (a very costly one maybe later on down the road) would be to get the 18" wheels like the concept...seemed to fill the wells better. I guess you just helped me save $1,400.
Thanks for the tips. I just picked up some thread lock yesterday so I'm set! Thanks again. :smile:

·
Registered
229 Posts
170 damn dollars? Good lord. I'd rather get an aluminum driveshaft or a shifter.

Plus, wouldn't setting the rear wheels out farther mess with the handling some? I'm not sure what effect increasing the track would have, but don't you think Ford would have done something like that if they thought it would be beneficial? I can't imagine it would cost anymore at the factory.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Well, first of all I already have those :-B

As for the second concern, I have no idea. I can only guess handling would be improved quite a bit with a bit wider stance at the rear. Maybe I shouldn't do this mod without all the knowledge and facts, but I love the simplicity and relative economy of it.

·
Registered
714 Posts
It does affect handling, it makes it better. And Ford won't do it because they would have to redesign the entire rear end with longer axles and housings, etc. They have widened the body of the Mustang over the years but used the same rear end. It would cut into their profit margin so no go. The $170 seems high until you see the product and how well they are made. They are made by H&R in Germany and are used extensivly by Porshe racers. And you would have to spend over a grand to change out wheels with a different offset to achieve the same look. And you really don't want to skimp on a product that holds your wheels on do you?

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Thanks again 4660! That's what I wanted to hear...I can't wait to get 'em and put 'em on. Just noticed you're from Irvine. Beautiful place...and home of Saleen.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
Karl's right. it would have to cause some small amount added stress to the bearings. i wonder how much?

·
Registered
765 Posts
did you lower the car ??? that is the stance i want - now how do i get it ?!?!?!?!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
that is funny, i think the car at stock height looks like it is sitting on 16's, and lowered with the polished lip can look like 18's sometimes but surely a true 17. My car it lowered about an inch. I will have more pics soon to highlight the spacers and the new stance. Hey Dennis, did you paint your spacers before installing them. I did, that aluminum look gave away the fact spacers were installed. I thought i got compliments on the car stock, man do they question me now!!! I paid like 160 shiped for the spacers, i cant remember where i got them from now but i did a search on the net. I am not concerened about the extra stress on the bearings, I would be more concerned if i did doughnuts in my car and stress, the look is worth it!!!

·
Registered
227 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-10-11 21:18, Joe Bullitt wrote:
did you lower the car ??? that is the stance i want - now how do i get it ?!?!?!?!

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

If you're talking to me, then the answer is no, I didn't lower the car. The 18" rims fit the rear wheel well perfectly all around.

If you want to reply to a certain individual simply hit the QUOTE button on their message or use their name so they know.

·
Registered
765 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-10-12 05:00, TrueBullittBlue wrote:
On 2001-10-11 21:18, Joe Bullitt wrote:

If you're talking to me, then the answer is no, I didn't lower the car. The 18" rims fit the rear wheel well perfectly all around.

If you want to reply to a certain individual simply hit the QUOTE button on their message or use their name so they know.

ok thanks for the tip - new to message boards!

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Hi Tracktoy,
I agree that lowering makes the wheels look bigger...not so much empty space around the wheelwell to make the wheel look smaller.
I didn't even think to paint the spacers...it's a great idea and I may do it. I got the 30mm H&R's from maximummotorsprots for about $165. So it looks like you did find a good deal.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts