Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Besides increasing HP and torque (since I know many of you smart a$$es will give that answer!), how would SC'ing effect our Bullitt's?

I would think that the increased weight upfront is going to throw the balance of the car off- which is going to effect handling.
Since our Bullitt's handle so well I think this would be a real problem.

I'm thinking that adding a SC is going to create a lot of "cause and effect" issues.
Agree, disagree?

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Also add the load in your pants as a weight shift the first time you get all the way down on the loud pedal:lol: I brought up the same question on handling when I contemplated charging my Bullitt.Most of the responses were,Twin screw or roots style puts the weight on top of the engine and really has no ill effects,Paxton obviously puts it further forward and has little effect unless you are really tracking the car,Don't sweat it.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Some fit,Barely.Some don't come close.Someone will hopefully chime in for you.All of the centrifugls will obviously fit as they are front mount.

·
Premium Member
12,041 Posts
I am a fan of the centrifical. I like the fact that if you don't want to drive aggressive you can keep it under 3500rpm's and the car remains very mannerly. Spool it up and WHHHEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

As for your weight concerns.... I wouldn't. As some have already mentioned the weight is less than 100#'s for a complete kit. The added hp/tq will easily compensate for the weight.

Lastly, depending on how agressive you want to be there is one common denominator. Supercharging a non forged motor becomes when will it let go as opposed to if. If you're happy making 350-400rwhp you should be happy for a long time as long as you're not riding the rev limiter for hours on end. If you want to get into the danger zone 500+rwhp you're going to have fun, You'll kick a lot of booty on the roads oops, track but one mistake i.e. bad fuel, detonation, over revving, missed shift... and KABOOM!!!!!

Not trying to scare you but in a nutshell there it is.

As you can see from my sig pic I chose the nice safe tune ;) :rotfl:

·
Administrator
6,628 Posts
In a "at the limit" driving situation, you might notice a change in the handling because of the weight and change in the center of gravity. This can definitely be experienced when you compare a stock suspended SN-95 Mach 1 (had about 80 extra lbs over the front of the car because of the reinforced hood and shaker assembly) to SN-95 Bullitt.

That said, around town, you most likely would feel the power before you felt the weight difference.

Any change you make with a supercharger can most likely be offset with a suspension change, but it definitely depends on what your expecations are for performance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.