Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone make an EGR delete kit for the Bullitts?
Thanks
Wes

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Logan Motorsports hooked me up with the plate for the engine and cap for the header pipe to delete the egr. This is what I had to do when the plate loosened and fell off at Mid-Ohio roadcourse earlier this year. Amazing what you can do in the paddock to keep running. Thank God the hotel gave me two keys for my room. This worked like a charm although it's probably a good thing the car had already passed the tech inspection.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
What's the purpose/advantage/disadvantages of deleting the EGR?

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
did the hotel get their key back? and did they ask why it smelled like burnt tires and race fuel? :p

shaun

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats awesome, Im goin to the Holiday Inn rite now(lol).

·
Premium Member
3,503 Posts
punk lancelot said:
Logan Motorsports hooked me up with the plate for the engine and cap for the header pipe to delete the egr. This is what I had to do when the plate loosened and fell off at Mid-Ohio roadcourse earlier this year. Amazing what you can do in the paddock to keep running. Thank God the hotel gave me two keys for my room. This worked like a charm although it's probably a good thing the car had already passed the tech inspection.
Best mod I have seen in ages man, I am crying laughing here

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
P-51 Bullitt said:
What's the purpose/advantage/disadvantages of deleting the EGR?

The purpose is to keep exhaust gas from being recirculated into the intake. The advantage to deleting it is keep exhaust gas out of where clean, outside air belongs :D It will also likely keep the inside of the intake manifold itself cleaner. The disadvantage is that your gas mileage may drop. And in theory, you may be polluting more air. Although my 2004 Ford truck did not even come from the factory with an EGR system, and it is actually a California-emissions truck. Go figure.

I bought my delete kit from Randy over on Modular Depot. It was a metal plate that looks real similar to the Holiday Inn key, a gasket and a block-off that goes on the header or exhaust manifold. It was pretty cheap as I recall.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool, ill look into them as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts