Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had an 08 Bullitt in 2012, that had the Eibachs, and like it - had to sell the car because of
storage situation, but I just picked up another one (6500 / 1 owner car) - it's good to be back in a Bullitt:wink2:

I'm mainly interested in reducing the stock tire / fender gap, but don't want too rough a ride.
I have an 07 GT/CS and put the Eibach's in - look great, and ride great...not too bad on rougher streets.

I saw an older thread, and most folks seem to like the Ford K springs -

Does anyone have beta on Eibach Pro-Kit springs vs. Ford K springs?

(also with Ford K springs - is it necessary to install caster / camber plates, or can one
get away with eccentric bolts?)

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,709 Posts
If you go to American Muscle, 2005-2009, Suspension, Springs, type of spring, and scroll down to Installation, Should be "Tech specs" which will give you spring rates and or lowering. Higher the spring rates, rougher the ride. Progressive springs better for road use, linear rate springs better for track. Have fun.
Eccentric bolts OK, but they have to be TIGHT. Follow directions.

·
Premium Member
1,089 Posts
I've got the K springs on mine. I used the factory "crash bolts" that came with my FR3A suspension kit. They are the standard sized bolts that have an eccentric washer built in. The only modification I did to get my camber within spec was to elongate one of the mounting hole sets on the strut. They put marks on them to show the maximum amount that can be removed, but I didn't have to take that much out. I liked this setup better than the typical eccentric bolt because there is not a reduction in bolt size and therefore the stress on the bolt isn't as high. Lots of people get by with the eccentric bolts, though. The place that did my alignment (a Quicklane) wasn't too sure about removing material from the struts, but the procedure was spelled out in the instructions from Ford.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've got the K springs on mine. I used the factory "crash bolts" that came with my FR3A suspension kit. They are the standard sized bolts that have an eccentric washer built in. The only modification I did to get my camber within spec was to elongate one of the mounting hole sets on the strut. They put marks on them to show the maximum amount that can be removed, but I didn't have to take that much out. I liked this setup better than the typical eccentric bolt because there is not a reduction in bolt size and therefore the stress on the bolt isn't as high. Lots of people get by with the eccentric bolts, though. The place that did my alignment (a Quicklane) wasn't too sure about removing material from the struts, but the procedure was spelled out in the instructions from Ford.
Regarding the camber / caster this sounds like it might be a good way to go - will do a bit more digging. Regarding springs, I think I'll try the K springs - there a bit less expensive than the Eibach, and they're a tad lower in the back. I like the idea of the car being level vs slightly higher in the back. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,089 Posts
Regarding the camber / caster this sounds like it might be a good way to go - will do a bit more digging. Regarding springs, I think I'll try the K springs - there a bit less expensive than the Eibach, and they're a tad lower in the back. I like the idea of the car being level vs slightly higher in the back. Thanks!
I apologize. My car has the P springs, which aren't quite as low as the K springs. Don't know why I got them mixed up - I know better :(

Here's what it looks like with the P springs:

The crash bolts should still be enough to get the camber acceptable, but my actual experience is with the less aggressive springs. The part number is 4R3Z-3B236-AB for the bolts. I don't know what you're running for shocks/struts, but with either one you will probably want to have aftermarket pieces that are designed for the drop. Sorry for the (my) confusion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts